Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Should I be sticking with Juri?

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Edited By JDUB_XL

People who saw my earlier posts(and my TNT performance lol) may remember that I am a very new player of Street Fighter as Super Street Fighter IV is my first entry to the series. So far I have played mostly Juri. I have tried to learn a few of her moves, and so far have the inputs for one is burned into my mind. I assume that is what fighting games are all about. Burning Inputs into our minds so I think I am on the right track. 

My question is; should I stick with Juri as a character choice? I know she is good for Newbies which is why I picked her and so far I like using her but Is there some other newbie character that is a better choice though?

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By JDUB_XL

People who saw my earlier posts(and my TNT performance lol) may remember that I am a very new player of Street Fighter as Super Street Fighter IV is my first entry to the series. So far I have played mostly Juri. I have tried to learn a few of her moves, and so far have the inputs for one is burned into my mind. I assume that is what fighting games are all about. Burning Inputs into our minds so I think I am on the right track. 

My question is; should I stick with Juri as a character choice? I know she is good for Newbies which is why I picked her and so far I like using her but Is there some other newbie character that is a better choice though?

demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By demigonis

Feel free to mess around and practice with all the characters, but at the end of the day... play who you enjoy playing. Don't worry about who is the most "newbie-friendly."

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

The only real choice.
     The only real choice.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Sure. The less Dan players the better for me =P
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jeffsekai

Pick who ever feels right to you, weather its look or playstyle.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By lilbigsupermario

I personally find Juri as not a newbie character, her basic and special moves are easy to execute, but it's pretty difficult to effectively use them in combos to deal lots of damage (unless you've activated the Feng Shui Engine Ultra).  And her special moves can be a bit risky if blocked and not set up properly, but she is a lot easier to use than Makoto hehe!

I agree with Demigonis, you should just play who you enjoy playing.  I don't think there is a really newbie character in Super Street FIghter IV since it has a deep fighting system, but what's more important is how comfortable you are with the character you use and how he/she fits your style.  So if you're having fun using Juri as your character choice, then go on and stick with her. :)

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Add me bro, I'ma complete noob and would love a sparring partner...

GT is DuhQbnSiLo

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By meteora

If you're used to her, stick with it. She's newbie friendly because people can just spam pinwheels and diving kicks all day, but this is ineffective when you can start using more complicated combos and be more effective with her.

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By AniMoney

Juri doesn't seem like a beginner character to me. If you're new to SF in general I would try someone with an established playstyle and strategy like Ryu, Balrog, or Rufus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.