Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 6

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 26, 2007

The sixth main installment of the Tekken series brings improved graphics and animation, new characters, and new gameplay mechanics (including destructible stages).

Tekken 6 for $10 @ BestBuy

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Scullinator

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/20/best-buy-selling-tekken-6-on-xbox-360-for-10/

I dont know if I can pass this up.  Never really played Tekken much before.  I do own the 5 on the PS3.  I understand a sony controller is best for playing this game. (tekken grip) but I was thinking picking this up for xbox just to have another game to play with my arcade stick.  Anyone have any opinions on playing Tekken with an arcade stick?  Any opinions for a noob to the franchise about Tekken 6 and how it compares to previous versions.  Lastly Im interested in this game because of the upcoming Street Figher vs Tekken game.

P.S. You do need to be a reward zone member to get the discount.  Also need to print out the coupon.  Singing up for the reward zone thing was easy took only a minute.  I just hope my email doesnt get spammed with deal from best buy.   

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Chummy8

And look, it's my birthday.  I don't think I can pass this one up. 

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By blazerx9x

I actually just saw that deal like 50 minutes ago, actually, I think I might just go and buy that today

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By bhhawks78

If I didn't get more than my fill through gamefly I'd bite.

MaskedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MaskedGamer

Tekken 6 is a good game but I actually prefer using my controller over the arcade stick (my preference) I also own the 360 version 

Piranesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Piranesi

Having been a Tekken fan since the beginning, I felt that they lost the plot with 6. There are tons of characters but since I'm only good with my old reliables, they are kind of wasted.  There are some really dumb levels as well, with background detail getting in the way of the fights. Story / Force modes are just plain stupid as always in Tekken.

Having bought my first stick for SFIV on the PS3, it works with Tekken 6 but just doesn't feel right after so many years on the PlayStation (I have the XBOX version as well and that sucks on the controller). I like to play with D Pad, so using the stick seems less accurate when pulling off the long combos. Tekken is a more mechanical in its strings of key presses / directions than Street Fighter (where you can get away with a bit of a fumble and still pull off a fireball).

Maybe worth a punt for $10 but there are better games out there (BlazBlue in particular - but it is a bit of an acquired taste). Soul Caliber should be pretty cheap (the one with Vader or Yoda) and has a lot more depth IMO. SFIV is still the best out there, Marvel vs Capcom for a more classic style, even Dead or Alive 2 is a fun and a fair challenge. 

Sorry to go on but I could not find a game guide for Tekken 6 (essential for reference and to learn all the move sets). The Tekken 5 one is fine (and cheap secondhand) as the basic combos and moves do not change in each iteration. 

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Valames

Gettin iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Scullinator

Im on my way to best buy.  If I see you in the video game isle and we are both reaching for the final copy, be prepared for a jump kick to the face.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64

Totally worth the $10.  It's kinda a bummer you have to be a member though.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I might get this but Namco Bandai has been putting me off as of late. But it's Tekken 6...
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JJOR64
    @LunarAura said:
    " I might get this but Namco Bandai has been putting me off as of late. But it's Tekken 6... "
    And it's only $10.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By apathylad

Did they ever fix the online for this?  I seem to recall Jeff complaining about it. 

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Yay, bit the bullet on this. Coupon didn't work at first because the original price was $29.99 and the coupon was trying to take $30 off which would have meant that they give me a cent to take Tekken 6. A manager override "fixed" it. Damn.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By demontium

But I despise Tekken.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By RetroMetal

I'm on this tomorrow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.