Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 30, 1996

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall from Bethesda Softworks is an enormous RPG and sequel to The Elder Scrolls: Arena. It includes a massive gameworld and pioneering freeform play. It was well received for these factors, but was criticised for a number of crippling bugs.

Daggerfall Unity is beginning to take form.

Alucitary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Daggerfall, the biggest open world game of all time, is being ported to Unity by an insane community team, and the project just hit v0.2.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/

This update adds in a ton of graphical fidelity options, basic functionality, and revamped systems. From here the dev team is planning to start adding in actual mechanics in preparation for an alpha release, and speaking as a layman I would say that they have an exceptional foundation for it.

Not much to say about it beyond that other than it has far exceed my expectations from when I first heard about it. If this project is completed it will be an amazing way for people who have never experienced Daggerfall to easily get into it without any hassle.

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's real cool when people choose to do this type of stuff. Dagger fall was one of my favorite games when I was younger problems and all. I really hope this gets finished.

However there have been a number of these projects that never seem to ever see the light of day. The Morrowind conversion with both Oblivion and Skyrim styled overhauls which seems to be in perpetual alpha stages.

I'm not trying to be down on these type of projects, I just hope that they get completed eventually.

Alucitary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Alucitary

Update 0.4 is now out. Combat has been implemented, as well as level progression and the fighters guild questline. Other NPC's are now in the game but currently have no programming. Seems like this may actually be on the way to completion. Importing all the quest triggers and dialogue will probably be the hardest part of the project, but it has come a long way for being such a lofty endeavor.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as they keep waiting inside the shops until 3am and then being able to steal everything without consequence.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By onarum

this is pretty sweet, maybe I'll actually beat Daggerfall someday with this

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6 fisk0  Moderator

I hope they've thought through the legal aspects though, it's one thing porting one Bethesda game into another, taking that stuff into a third party engine would probably need some additional clearance from the people at Bethesda, or at least that the developers of this project take a lot of precations to make sure they don't distribute any of the actual game assets themselves, and instead makes their installer import content from the official CD or GOG release. The game is freely available under license, but it's neither public domain nor open source.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Start the clock on the inevitable Bethesda lawsuit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.