Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

Mod Question

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By emem

I just started a 2nd playthrough (finished the main story once, but not that many side quests) and I've already installed like 20 mods, but all of them for better visuals, a better UI, visible stats etc.. all cosmetic stuff. And I have to say that the leveling is still kinda messed up (didn't get any addons for that yet), but it looks "amazing" for such an old game.

Now the question: A friend of mine just asked me about the mods I've installed and I've get no idea, because I did copy most of them directly into the data folder (took me hours to find everything I wanted).. is there a mod pack that includes all the good stuff out there?

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jaycee13

I don't think there is a decent mod compilation. I recommend "Marts Monster Mod" and "Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul" (they can be run simultaneously with some load order adjustments) They sort out the levelling and add a load more diversity in terms of items and creatures. I also suggest "Deadly Reflex" which makes the combat alot more fun and challenging in my opinion. If you havn't already, check out the Unique Landscapes mods. I think there is a compilation of them somewhere but they have realeased more since it's creation.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By emem

@jaycee13: I'm having a hard time installing mods that include new weapons, attacks and enemies, because it feels a bit like I would change too much. I was planing on finishing plenty of side quests and if I install all those mods it might change the way it was intended to play. Maybe I will look into it after I finished Shivering Isles etc. I think I've got pretty much all the visual addons installed, including Qarl's texture pack, the window thing, the sun thing, improved doors, better looking plants, better looking faces.. thanks for the tips though. :)

I found a few recommendations from people who list all their favourite addons with download links, which is great, but it seems like there really is no big pack that installs without too much hassle.. too bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.