Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 04, 2014

An MMORPG set in the world of Nirn, focusing on the familiar continent of Tamriel, taking place a thousand years before The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

Worth checking out?

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I did exactly what every subscription service wants customers to do and, after subbing for a month of Humble Monthly in September for Tomb Raider, forgot to unsubscribe before being charged again for the October bundle.

This latest bundle includes the Skyrim card game which I'll never touch, the new Quake which I'll probably never touch, and Elder Scrolls Online which I never expected to touch. I enjoyed both Oblivion and Skyrim in their times, but Online looked bad at launch and I never had any interest in the past, though I've heard it's improved somewhat over the years. Now that I have it, whether I wanted it or not, is it worth my time?

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TravisRex

People like it, i tried it a few months ago and bounced off. Probably more enjoyable if youre with friends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a05ff5271261
    deactivated-5a05ff5271261

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fun. There are certain etiquette points lost on the masses that flooded in when the console versions went online, but, nothing that should diminish your game-play. Intense dungeon delving almost certainly means you have to seek out a team. If you plan on trading there are plenty of people that will entertain your hobby.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game is ok. It has an interesting skill system that not many MMOs have, where when you level, you get a skill point and can choose which ability to put it in. Other than that it's a pretty generic MMO, I was not invested in the story at all, and I was also annoyed with how they split up the dungeons and some quest chains into "DLC" that you had to buy, you also have to buy access into the PvP zone if I recall correctly.

I will admit that it's really fun to go on a killing spree stealing and murdering everyone in a city, there are no other MMOs I can think of that allow you to get away with something like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.