Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

anyone playing PC version with Xbox controller?

Cdustin821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cdustin821

i went to settings,then game play and enabled 360 controller and nothing happen.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Cameron

That's strange, I don't think I even had to set anything up. Most games, especially console ports, just work with a 360 controller. Does the controller work with other games?

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Just works for me. I use a wireless 360 controller.

valiantgoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By valiantgoat

It worked for me no problem. I prefer the mouse and keyboard approach, hot keys are an immediate advantage.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ninjakiller

I have a wired 360 controller and didn't have to do any setup, it detected it automatically.

Cdustin821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cdustin821

i just bought it i dont own a xbox.im not too familiar with them.i plugged it in and it installed fine.ive had it plugged in for a couple of hours now and all 4 lights are blinking.is that indicating the battery isn't charged?

its also a downloaded version of the game.could that be an issue?

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Cameron

Did you buy a wireless controller? If so you need an additional receiver attachment. If you bought an Xbox 360 controller then it won't come with one. You either need to buy one separately, or return the one you bought and try to get a Games for Windows- Live package that has both the wireless controller and the receiver. Alternately, you could just buy the wired version.

If you have the wired version and all four lights are blinking, then there is something wrong. Only the upper left quadrant should light up if it is installed correctly. It will flash all four when your PC is starting up and then it should change to just the upper left light.

valiantgoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By valiantgoat

If you have the Wireless controller with the USB receiver, you either have low batteries(think 20% is when the indication starts) or the controller isn't sync'd with the receiver.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By JoeyRavn

This may be a dumb question, but did you actually leave the options screen? I think you need the game to save your preferences before it switches to the gamepad, and that is done by going back to the general menu.

Other than that, more information about your setup would be welcome.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By triple07

Once I got into the actual game and not the startup screen it automatically detected and used it. What kind are you using?

marmalade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By marmalade

I notice you mentioned plugging in your controller. I actually had a friend of mine trying to plug his wireless controller to his pc with the recharging cable thing. It may seem like a silly question, but the controller you're plugging in is a wired controller right? Another reason I ask is because you mentioned the four lights blinking. I've only ever experienced this with wireless controllers when they're trying to synchronize with a receiver.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SlasherMan

If it's a wireless controller, you will need the wireless receiver for it. Plugging it in with the Play and Charge cable does not work.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @SlasherMan said:

If it's a wireless controller, you will need the wireless receiver for it. Plugging it in with the Play and Charge cable does not work.

If it's wireless how can he plug it in with a cable?
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Wuddel

@Cdustin821: @SlasherMan said:

This. Wired does not need a setup. I user a Razer ONZA.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SlasherMan

@AhmadMetallic said:

@SlasherMan said:

If it's wireless how can he plug it in with a cable?

The wireless controllers have a plug at the top which you can use to hook up to any device with a USB port using a Play and Charge kit. The cable is only used for power charging, though and not for transmitting input data, unlike the PS3 controller for instance (which is also wireless, but can still be plugged in via USB).

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stete

On the options screen there is a use 360 controller checkbox. Once you check that and leave the option screen, see if it autosaves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.