Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Blood on Ice Quest glitching *spoilers*

Praedos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Praedos

So, since I've started my character I've been having problems with this quest. It's not activating or starting, and until 1.5 hit on consoles people began mentioning the "Murders".

I rolled w/ the Imperials & currently almost level 70 and Ulfric has long been gone. Viola is no where to be found, and I occasionally check the graveyard and there's no murder scene whatsoever. I recently read up on the fact that entering Hjerm (Or Whatever the house is called) will activate the quest and lead to step #9 (Or w/e), but when I enter, and even picked up fliers for the "Beware" and even the butcher's journals, shit doesn't happen. Everytime I approach Jorleif about purchasing a house he repeats the same "Something's happend" crap, and I'm a thane currently for windhelm.

So, TL:DR the quest for blood on ice won't activate.

Any* suggestions/help? Much Obliged.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Weird, it bugged out for me too, but only in that the murder scene was removed as I completed the civil war quest line right in the middle of the Blood on the Ice quest, and for me buying and entering Hjerim got the quest working again. I couldn't complete all the quest objectives (as the lack of a crime scene made investigating it difficult), but the ones in the secret room were all that was needed to complete the quest for me. Apart from the journals you also need "A Strange Amulet".

Praedos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Praedos

@fisk0 said:

Weird, it bugged out for me too, but only in that the murder scene was removed as I completed the civil war quest line right in the middle of the Blood on the Ice quest, and for me buying and entering Hjerim got the quest working again. I couldn't complete all the quest objectives (as the lack of a crime scene made investigating it difficult), but the ones in the secret room were all that was needed to complete the quest for me. Apart from the journals you also need "A Strange Amulet".

Thanks for the feedback, however it still doesn't activate, even with the strange amulet. I give up. Thanks though.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@Praedos said:

@fisk0 said:

Thanks for the feedback, however it still doesn't activate, even with the strange amulet. I give up. Thanks though.

Oh, by the way, did you talk to any of the city guards? I just remembered they got a new dialogue option about the amulet once you found it, iirc that updated the quest objectives and made the quest solvable.

Praedos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Praedos

@fisk0: Haven't tried this yet, I'll give it a shot. Thx

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.