Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Earliest safe place to store stuff?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

louis0nfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By louis0nfire

Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be save to store stuff in Riverwood right?

Avatar image for pepitoneconqueso
    PepitoneConQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PepitoneConQueso

I believe the only "safe" place to store stuff would be a chest in a property.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Matfei90

@PepitoneConQueso said:

I believe the only "safe" place to store stuff would be a chest in a property.

This. First property you can buy is in Whiterun for 5000 gold.

You also get a room when you join the College of Winterhold, and access to barracks when you join the Companions. I stored some of my early game stuff in my room in the College for a few ingame days and it was still there when I came back, not sure about the barracks though. Only way to be 100% sure in the end is to buy a house and use the chest there.

mr_faraday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By mr_faraday

The first place i know of that you can purchase is bravehome(sp?) in Whiterun but i cant seem to figure out where to go to purchase it.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Matfei90

@Mr_Faraday said:

The first place i know of that you can purchase is bravehome(sp?) in Whiterun but i cant seem to figure out where to go to purchase it.

Breezehome. Buy it from the Jarl's assistant.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I'm pretty sure you can place items in any container that doesn't respawn items. The problem is finding one. If you don't have the coin to buy a house, find a container, loot it, put a few items in there and wait for a couple of days to see if the items are still there. Just save before you do it.

Kieweefication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kieweefication

@TheDudeOfGaming:

Without spoiling anything, I've gotten to a part in the quest line where you talk to an old blades member in Riverwood,

----- There's a chest in the private meeting place which will later be used for your stuff anyhow. It should be empty and as far as I can tell, it doesn't delete your items, I've left them there for over 4 game days. It's in the Inn, she'll open a secret passage and the chest is the one on the left. -----

I'm really really sorry if this spoils anything by talking of the blades member. Not my intention at all.

This quest line takes a little while to get to but if you can hold on you'll be 5,000 gold better off for not buying the house. The room is very useful, it has an enchanting station and an alchemy station too!

Kieran,

P.S. email me at kiesie@hotmail.com if you're confused about anything in game (PC version), I'll try to help out as far as I can. (no tech support tho, apart from the buzzing noise, I know how to fix that one).

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thule

Warning, tiny early gamne spoilers.

I think you can safely store stuff in Mirmulnir, the first dragon you kill following the main quest line. In haven't actually stored anything in him because I haven't had any storage problems yet, but everything I see his corpse, all the stuff I left in it is still there. And dragon corpses are supposed to stay around forever, so...

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about that house in Riverwood?  I put it in a treasure chest and it seems fine so far....  Goddamn, I dont want to buy my own house

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BasketSnake

I bought the house in Whiterun. From past experience (oblivion) is it safe to just leave things on the floor or will that get lost? I also upgraded the house all the way..it's quite nice. Can you store an infinite number of things in chests?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McShank

@Thule said:

Warning, tiny early gamne spoilers.

I think you can safely store stuff in Mirmulnir, the first dragon you kill following the main quest line. In haven't actually stored anything in him because I haven't had any storage problems yet, but everything I see his corpse, all the stuff I left in it is still there. And dragon corpses are supposed to stay around forever, so...

iv been using him till i got my house since when he died i took all his bones and scales but was left with to much weight.. left some armor on him. went back and grabbed to sell. now he is just my potion mule :D

biomajor09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By biomajor09

I just use my companion as a pack mule.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MikkaQ

I found a cupbord in the Companions' mead hall basement as a member, and nothing's been stolen so far. Just bought the house though.

c0kemusheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By c0kemusheen

I just bought the house, but before I did I noticed at the top of High Hrothgar there is an offering chest that is empty, im sure you could store stuff in there for the time being. It's right in front of the entrance

britg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By britg

I put some heavy stuff (namely the Dragon Bones and Scales) in the chest at the foot of the bed in Riverwood. Gerud's house. Has anyone experienced things missing from her house yet?

ABritishNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ABritishNerd

@biomajor09 said:

I just use my companion as a pack mule.

This. If you follow the main quest you'll come across Lydia to use as a follower if you help out the Jarl of Whiterun.

Kanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kanden

You could always marry someone. I married Ysolda (sp?) in Whiterun and I get to live in her house and she gives me 100 gold a day.

rynbeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rynbeed

If your not up for buying a house, make your way up to the Mage college and enroll with them. Straight away they give you a dorm room that you can put stuff in.

Or just marry someone and use their house.

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By finstern

I probably shouldn't have but southwest of Riverwood there is a little old lady's hut, she has an enchantment/potion racket going on in her basement and tried to knife me when I found it. So I wasted the bitch and claimed her property.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

You don't need your own property. Wardrobe in Companions bedroom is never reset and keeps your stuff safe.

This topic is 7 years old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.