Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Every ten hours.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Well I have, like many, pre-ordered Skyrim and I'm now in the painful stage of agonizing excitement and the lows of not getting enough info on Skyrim
    This blog will hopefully record every ten hours of my gameplay during the game, through the highs, the lows, the plot twists/spoilers and much more. Just remember, these blogs may or may not contain spoilers, but I will use   

I'm making this because I really can't wait for Skyrim, I've never done something like this and my other blogs are the type that got me a lot of hate mail (don't look them up). This concludes the first part of the blog, now to wait a few months and some serious work will get done.
    this very clear warning sign
    TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Well I have, like many, pre-ordered Skyrim and I'm now in the painful stage of agonizing excitement and the lows of not getting enough info on Skyrim
    This blog will hopefully record every ten hours of my gameplay during the game, through the highs, the lows, the plot twists/spoilers and much more. Just remember, these blogs may or may not contain spoilers, but I will use   

I'm making this because I really can't wait for Skyrim, I've never done something like this and my other blogs are the type that got me a lot of hate mail (don't look them up). This concludes the first part of the blog, now to wait a few months and some serious work will get done.
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marcsman

A little early to the party perhaps?
    TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ
    @Marcsman:  
    I knew someone would say this, but I'm just getting an early start so my basic idea isn't already used by the time I get the game.
    beckley205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By beckley205

The early bird catches the worm. Especially when hes 4 months early he can set up a stakeout hire get through HP customer service play Half Life 2 episode 3 have a child and watch the lord of the rings movies.

ABritishNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ABritishNerd

Never looked forward to a blog post before, but this concept seems extremely interesting and original... bravo.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

FIFO

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Spence_5060

so are you blogging the gameplay of the game when you play it or waiting for the game. If it's of the game itself then you are a little early to posting this...unless yor goal was to be the first to the idea.

Mercot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Mercot

Looking forward to it. Always cool to compare experiences with other players.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

Sounds great!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ravenlight

@TEHMAXXORZ: Status update? There's only a little over a month to go. How have you been passing the time?

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By CptChiken

@TEHMAXXORZ: Unfortunately i wont be able to get my copy until december so your blog will have to do until then! But please do make your spoilers because i dont want to know the story, but would like to hear as much about the gameplay as possible, thanks.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Chummy8

Whenever I want a game real bad, I impose a media blackout after a couple of early previews. That means no quicklooks, no reading of reviews other than just looking at the scores. (I know I'm already getting the game, the score checking is just to make sure it's not a bomb). I do this to preserve the wonder of playing the game and discovering it for the first time.

So, my current media blackouts:

Skyrim

Deus Ex: HR

Dark Souls.

Dark Souls is different since it was the quick look that convinced me to get the game in the first place.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By RuthLoose

@TekZero said:

Whenever I want a game real bad, I impose a media blackout after a couple of early previews. That means no quicklooks, no reading of reviews other than just looking at the scores. (I know I'm already getting the game, the score checking is just to make sure it's not a bomb). I do this to preserve the wonder of playing the game and discovering it for the first time.

Skyrim

Dark Souls.

Dark Souls is different since it was the quick look that convinced me to get the game in the first place.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution came out a couple months ago, but otherwise I am with you on this idea.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Chummy8

@RuthLoose said:

@TekZero said:

Skyrim

Dark Souls.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution came out a couple months ago, but otherwise I am with you on this idea.

Yeah, I'm waiting to get a new computer so I can play it there. So, this blackout is going a little longer than expected.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@Ravenlight said:

@TEHMAXXORZ: Status update? There's only a little over a month to go. How have you been passing the time?

Well, I've been playing through Oblivion, making a 'perfect' character that hasn't rushed through the story, I've played some Gears 3, UT3, a lot of Terraria and a lot of Minecraft. Garry's mod would be a great time waster till 11/11/11, but, alas, it doesn't work for some reason.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ravenlight

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

@Ravenlight said:

Well, I've been playing through Oblivion, making a 'perfect' character that hasn't rushed through the story, I've played some Gears 3, UT3, a lot of Terraria and a lot of Minecraft. Garry's mod would be a great time waster till 11/11/11, but, alas, it doesn't work for some reason.

Pics of all the sweet dragons you've made in Minecraft?

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@Ravenlight: I would, but I don't have any. I was thinking to make some pixel art of Alduin, but, wool is hard to farm. Stupid sheep...

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@TekZero said:

Skyrim

Dark Souls.

I was going to do the same with Skyrim, but I broke down and watched a bunch of videos.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@PeasantAbuse: Sometimes, Skyrim is the only thing I can think about (seriously) and an hour stretches out and feels like a day. Other times, I forget Skyrim even exists. Until, of course, I get just a little bit bored and BAM, Skyrim videos everywhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.