Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

GEMS - Gameplay Enhancment Mods for Skyrim

Ka3m0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ka3m0n

For those who don't know, I have created a 1-page, quick-reference catalog of 600+ lore-friendly mods that enhance gameplay at SkyrimGEMS.com.

I sifted through thousands of hi-res textures, ENB configurations, Breezehome basements and Lydia makeovers to find those rare GEMS that improve how the game works - combat, magic, archery, sneaking, lockpicking, looting, lighting, traps, crafting, cooking, alchemy, enchanting, traveling, character stats, perks, skills, leveling rates, carry weights, behavioral AI, and more... (over 50 categories). Only mods that add realism, immersion or new roleplaying opportunities are considered GEMS.

By grouping mods with similar purpose or function together into one central index, it will be faster and easier for people to choose the best collection of mods to achieve their personal preference of gameplay and realism.

I also hope this list will shine a brighter light on the many great gameplay mods that people have either missed or overlooked. I've spent countless hours looking through mods and I'm STILL finding GEMS that I never knew existed.

If you think a mod should be added to the list, feel free to recommend it. NOTE: The mods on Skyrim GEMS do not enhance graphics or add new content. These are mods that improve game mechanics, improve immersion, enhance realism, or add new ways to role-play.

It was a lot of work. I hope you find GEMS useful.

Youtube video below (Switch to HD mode)

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fetchfox

You've done amazing work collecting these. In the (near) future a pack of mods like this is the go-too solution for most users when modding Skyrim. I use several other mods, but I'm unsure if any of them fits into the philosophy of your collection. Keep up the good work;)

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail

That's a lot of mods.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.