Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Is the Thieves guild quest chain totally broken? (spoilers maybe)

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Seedofpower

I'm at the part where I go into this cave and one of the head members gives me some pretty sick leather armor before we progress into some story activity. The problem I have is one of my npc's will just walk back to town (the redhead guy, I forget his name). Once I grab the armor, he will start to leave the cave and I can't go forward because I need him to continue the conversation with another npc. I've restarted this quest about 5 times and I can't get it to work. Has anyone else had this problem and/or is this is going to get patched?

lando1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lando1

Are you talking about the nightingale part?

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Knave

Same thing happens to me but during one of the Companion quests. Now i can't even get a companion anymore because it says i've already got someone with me, which i don't. Annoying bug.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Seedofpower

@lando1 said:

Are you talking about the nightingale part?

Yeah, the dude doesn't stay in the cave =/

lando1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lando1

Ew. You could use the console command to complete that specific step that is bugged, and then maybe you can continue without "cheating". (Someone posted it earlier).

EDIT: Found this snippet from http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Commands_(Skyrim)

"Setstage <id> - Used to set the quest stage (Useful for bugged quests), requires a unique ID code; questgiver e.g. mg (Mages Guild), tg (Thieves Guild), Quest number within its questline, followed by a number (Haven't quite worked out how the value is attributed to the objectives). Usage - setstage mg01 200."

If you could figure out what number (step) is bugged, then you would have minimal interference with the rest of the quest. I would suggest saving beforehand, in case you mess up and go too far in the quest and end up missing out on important stuff.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

The whole "Follow Gulum-Ei" quest for the thieves guild was borked as well. I had to use YouTube and a console command to spawn the guy at the end of the cave passage.

Avatar image for heroicdrinkingsong
    HeroicDrinkingSong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

The whole Thieves Guild seems a little buggy. I've stopped doing Shill jobs from Vex cause they never seem to acknowledge when I plant the evidence.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.