Looks like the basic map for Skyrim has been leaked:

#1 Edited by B0HICAH (43 posts) -
#2 Edited by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

I don't really see how they can assume it's massive but it does look sweet.

#3 Posted by bibamatt (1090 posts) -

GIVE ME NOW!

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

Looks about as big as any given WoW contenent- great, I guess.

#5 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

So are they working on fallout 4 after this?

#6 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

I would rather go to an al kaida recruting site then kotaku

#7 Posted by Aishan (1023 posts) -

@Dagbiker: Here you go:

#8 Posted by Moonshadow101 (575 posts) -

@Juicebox: Realistically, Skyrim is fully designed, both mechanically and graphically, and pretty damn close to code-complete. A massive portion of Bethesda has probably already been divvied up between Skyrim DLC and their next game, which is presumably Fallout 4. Although, it could also be something new, I guess.

#9 Posted by Hylan333 (11 posts) -

with all of these "Providences" in the elder scrolls world, dont you think they are kinda setting this all up for one giant game or MMO? how awesome would it be to include Morrowind, Hammerfell, Cyrodiil, and High Rock?

#10 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

@Dagbiker: lol

#11 Posted by AlexW00d (6432 posts) -

Why is this a thing? We all knew the size of Skyrim before this.

There's a map of the whole of Tamriel.
#12 Posted by PillClinton (3295 posts) -

so it's gonna be a big open world game, oh.

#13 Posted by themangalist (1747 posts) -

It looks alright. Still need to know how different the regions are before I can scream like a little girl.

#14 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

That actually looks smaller than Oblivion if you take the scale of the Cyrodiil map into account.

#15 Posted by Aishan (1023 posts) -

@Elazul: They said it's about the same size, roughly 16 square miles

#16 Posted by B0HICAH (43 posts) -

@AlexW00d: It a thing because as far as I know this is the map of the game world. The labeled towns and landmarks and such are all a part of the game. This will probably be similar to (if not exactly) what you will get if you preordered.

#17 Edited by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Oh hey it looks like the leaked map from like a year ago.

@PillClinton said:

Yeah, just like every Elder Scrolls game, what's surprising about that?

#18 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@XII_Sniper said:

@PillClinton said:

Hes being sarcastic. The world has gotten smaller since Morrowind. The map kinda gives a small sense of scale. 
#19 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@XII_Sniper said:

@PillClinton said:

Hes being sarcastic. The world has gotten smaller since Morrowind. The map kinda gives a small sense of scale.

Well Morrowind was smaller than Oblivion, so if it's even smaller, that's fine. Those games are shitty when they have to stretch the detail across too much land. Like Oblivion. Big n' empty.

#20 Posted by snowballingblood (52 posts) -

@Hylan333 said:

with all of these "Providences" in the elder scrolls world, dont you think they are kinda setting this all up for one giant game or MMO? how awesome would it be to include Morrowind, Hammerfell, Cyrodiil, and High Rock?

About the most awesome thing ever. When I first saw the new map I thought to myself, "How cool would it be to revisit Morrowind?" As far as world aesthetics goes, Morrowind is certainly my favorite thus far - there was nothing quite as striking or weird in Cyrodiil. Certainly excited for Skyrim.

#21 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

You know what would be awesome? An expansion pack that includes Solstheim, just to take a look at how much things have changed since Morrowind.

#22 Posted by SlashDance (1843 posts) -

I hate when people comment on a game's size by looking at a map that has no indication of scale.

#23 Posted by DystopiaX (5360 posts) -

I hope there's a way to make it like Fallout, where you can only quick travel somewhere after you've explored it. Makes the game more interesting/fun IMO. If there isn't I'm sure there'll be a PC mod for it so I'm covered anyway, but it would be great if I didn't have to do the legwork.

#24 Posted by Aishan (1023 posts) -

@DystopiaX said:

I hope there's a way to make it like Fallout, where you can only quick travel somewhere after you've explored it. Makes the game more interesting/fun IMO. If there isn't I'm sure there'll be a PC mod for it so I'm covered anyway, but it would be great if I didn't have to do the legwork.

That was the case in Oblivion too, other than the main cities, which you can easily hand-wave with guild-guides or major trade/caravan routes through the region anyway.

#25 Posted by DystopiaX (5360 posts) -

@Aishan: Yeah I was talking about the major cities as well...being able to go anywhere right off the bat seemed weird to me.

#26 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1539 posts) -

Going to be fun as all heck.

#27 Posted by Brendan (8124 posts) -

I'm waiting for some computer genius to make mountains passable on the edges of provinces, and link togethor Skyrim, Cyrodill and Morrowind. I don't mean in a new game, either. You pass from Skyrim to Oblivion graphics, then on to Morrowind graphics.

#28 Posted by myketuna (1756 posts) -

@Brendan said:

I'm waiting for some computer genius to make mountains passable on the edges of provinces, and link togethor Skyrim, Cyrodill and Morrowind. I don't mean in a new game, either. You pass from Skyrim to Oblivion graphics, then on to Morrowind graphics.

And then back to Daggerfall graphics.

#29 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Yeah this doesn't tell me anything.

#30 Posted by Z3RO180 (230 posts) -

this will be a massive map.

#31 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@XII_Sniper said:

@PillClinton said:

Hes being sarcastic. The world has gotten smaller since Morrowind. The map kinda gives a small sense of scale.

Don't forget they said that there is going to be much more stuff to do in skyrim then oblivion.

#32 Posted by ADAMWD (613 posts) -

Hard to believe it's just a little over two weeks away.

#33 Posted by armaan8014 (5443 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

I would rather go to an al kaida recruting site then kotaku

ahahahaah al habibi

#34 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

So it's basically 9 castles? Or cities...or whatever the f***.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.