Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Need help on "Missing in Action" sidequest *spoilers*

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KimChi4U

After agreeing to help the brother escape, you can choose an option to talk the guards into releasing him peacefully. How does one go about doing this? When I approach the fort, both the back and front entrances are guarded and I can't convince them to let me in. Is there a peaceful solution to this quest or do I have to go on a guard murdering spree to spring the guy from jail?

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By yoshimitz707

I'm not sure if it's actually possible. The strategy guide I have mention that even if you sneak past everyone once you save the guy he aggros everyone.

Morien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Morien

As far as I know there is no peaceful solution, just using that option keeps the brother from going with you.

DrBroel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By DrBroel

Yeah I've been putting this quest off in the hopes that if my speechcraft is high enough I can intimidate or persuade the guards.

ertdaemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ertdaemon

You have a dialogue option with General Tullius if you side with the Imperials. Currently, he says he can't do anything (I've only completed the first stage of Imperial quests) - perhaps if you were to continue this quest line, that dialogue option may open up. The other Imperial Altmers I know of are in the town in the rocks (Markath?) maybe they could do something - I haven't really tried

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Most people are claiming that you need to be wearing a set of Imperial Legion armor, and not just the default Imperial set, in order to be able to order his release. Of course, I've been able to find absolutely no mention of such an armor set existing in the game, and I went through the trouble of completing the entire Imperial Legion questline. Either something is bugged or they just never intended a peaceful resolution in the first place.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.