Of the four MINOR cities, which is your favorite?

#1 Posted by MXC361 (137 posts) -

Dawnstar

Falkreath

Morthal

Winterhold (I could consider it minor due to the lack of public municipal and residential buildings)

I'd have to go with Falkreath as my favorite of the smaller four cities. It's quaint, off the beaten path, and has all the shops and government buildings of any of the major cities. What's YOUR favorite of the four?

#2 Posted by Vinny_Says (5630 posts) -

I've spent 200 plus hours in Skyrim and I've barely been in any of those. Does Dawnstar even have a pub?

#3 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

Morthal. Me and the old lady Jarl are best buds.

#4 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2446 posts) -

Does Morthal have that cool questline with the ghosts and such? Because that quest was awesome.

#5 Posted by xyzygy (9606 posts) -

Over my time with the game I have spent maybe 2-3 minutes in total in Falkreath. It was really nice there, too bad there is nothing to do besides the Hircine quest.

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4655 posts) -

WInterhold I suppose. I can't even picture the other ones. I had to google them.

#7 Edited by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Winterhold. Only other one I frequent is Dawnstar, and that's only to go to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary or murder the shit out of some townsfolk.

Edit: Wait, I'll change that answer to Falkreath. For some reason I always mistake Winterhold for Windhelm.

#8 Posted by JonSmith (168 posts) -

A toss up between Winterhold or Falkreath. It would probably be easy to pick one over the other if dragons didn't attack me every time I went to either of them.

#9 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2712 posts) -

Winterhold.

#10 Edited by Capum15 (4569 posts) -
@Vinny_Says said:

I've spent 200 plus hours in Skyrim and I've barely been in any of those. Does Dawnstar even have a pub?

Pretty sure every city/town has an Inn.

As for me, Winterhold followed by Dawnstar/Morthal. I spend a good amount of time in Dawnstar, but I always become a Thane super fast in Morthal (also, the Jarl is pretty cool). Thinking about it, I do like the snow-covered areas, so those make sense.

Still, Winterhold, because magic. Literally.
#11 Posted by MXC361 (137 posts) -

@JonSmith said:

A toss up between Winterhold or Falkreath. It would probably be easy to pick one over the other if dragons didn't attack me every time I went to either of them.

Same here! Every time I enter Falkreath I basically have to assume that there will be a dragon attack as soon as I fast travel there.

#12 Posted by McGrittles (92 posts) -

I killed everyone in Winterhold and now use the mages guild as my personal mansion sooooo yeah... Winterhold

#13 Posted by SSValis (1136 posts) -

I don't think Winterhold is a minor town.

and I've committed to many crimes to go back to Falkreath

#14 Posted by Berserker976 (291 posts) -

I'm going to go with Dawnstar.

It reminds me of the small fishing villages in Morrowind.

#15 Posted by ZombiePie (5364 posts) -

Morthal because the Jarl for that city bailed me out big time for the Diplomatic Immunity Quest.

#16 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Ive never been in Falkreath and I dont remember anything about Morthal....

#17 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Falkreath. It reminds me of Riverwood, which is beautiful. It has a decent number of shops and interesting people. Too bad there is just one major quest there, the one with Hircine.

#18 Posted by Aleryn (703 posts) -

Falkreath, because of their respect of the dead. It brings to mind Morrowind's primary religion, and learning Necromancy in Ultima VIII.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.