Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Patch 1.03 finally out (for PS3)

Jason_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Jason_Miami

I just noticed it was out for PS3. It's a 92MB download. Hopefully this actually fixes issues and doesn't completely break the game. It probably has the same fixes as the PC patch that came out last week:

• General stability improvements
    • Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
    • Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
    • Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
    • Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
    • Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Jason_Miami said:

I just noticed it was out for PS3. It's a 92MB download. Hopefully this actually fixes issues and doesn't completely break the game.

So far only a small issues have been reported. One ive heard about is that if you have a skill at 100. And have a enchant to get it past 100 instead of 105 it will be 95. 
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

I suppose it's too much to hope for the notion of the patch preventing save files from swelling in size every time the game is saved?

Jason_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jason_Miami

At this point, it's too much to hope for anything involving any actual fixes to the game. This is the last time I ever buy a Bethesda game on console. Lesson learned.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By benjaebe

Any word on if this helps alleviate some of the save file issues? I haven't played Skyrim in weeks because I'm waiting on something that actually fixes the problem before I bother getting involved in the game again.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Dreamfall31

Looks like I will resume enjoying the hell out of Skyrim!

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By plaintomato

Nice. I avoided 1.2, just rejecting it every time. Maybe I'll give the updates a go now...maybe not since I'm about done anyway.

sanchopanza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By sanchopanza

The patch seems to have fucked the textures on my game, items, faces and some surfaces look all pixelated or blurry I don't know what the hell is going on. Resistances are fixed though, oh Bethesda, you give with one hand and take away with the other.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fetchfox

@benjaebe: Not officially, no. Magic resistance is fixed, and the game doesn't freeze as much (for me), but beyond that this patch does not deal with the memory issue. What you need to know is that the size of the file is not the problem (it gets as big on 360 and PC). It's the PS3 capability to read file that creates the problems. Because of this many say it may never be fixed, but nothing is yet certain. I personally hope (as a PS3 owner with Skyrim) that Bethesda are capable of fixing it.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By leebmx

Is it possible to download the patch onto a memory card or something like that and sticking that into one's Xbox. I've just lost internet at home but don't really want to drag my Xbox all the way to work where I can use the internet.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Jayross

Does this fix the main issue?

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Dreamfall31

@sanchopanza said:

The patch seems to have fucked the textures on my game, items, faces and some surfaces look all pixelated or blurry I don't know what the hell is going on. Resistances are fixed though, oh Bethesda, you give with one hand and take away with the other.

That's been a problem from day one with the game. I will have random types of gear whose textures are pretty much non-existant blurry messes. Also ramdom patches of land or walls will never load in textures either. Nothing that bothers me too much though!

DrSpaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DrSpaceman

The game has froze on me 4 times today since i've downloaded the patch.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By huntad

@DrSpaceman said:

The game has froze on me 4 times today since i've downloaded the patch.

Dude...Memories of Fallout New Vegas are beginning to surface.

usgrovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By usgrovers

I have a rather new game (12 hours in) and since I disabled "save on travel" my loading times are half of what they were before and it hasn't frozen since. Not sure if this will help anyone with more problems but thought i'd share anyway. I'm playing on PS3.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spoonman671

Bookshelves still don't work.  This is just embarrassing.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By nightriff

Anyone else having major issues? It's worse than 1.2 and I've never had problems like this before, bunch of lag and stuff

DrSpaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DrSpaceman

Froze another 4-5 times this morning after only a minute or two of play, i'm kinda worried after 95 hours the game is broke.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
    BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BigChickenDinner

So glad I have the PC version.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#20  Edited By dietmango

@DrSpaceman said:

Froze another 4-5 times this morning after only a minute or two of play, i'm kinda worried after 95 hours the game is broke.

Yeah, the very same thing happened to me ever since that patch released. I just pray this won't be another New Vegas again.

@Hailinel said:

I suppose it's too much to hope for the notion of the patch preventing save files from swelling in size every time the game is saved?

This, too. But unfortunately, I don't think the new patch even acknowledges this. I've already got save files that are already 5000 kb. It wasn't long ago when it was only 2-3k.

@Spoonman671 said:

Bookshelves still don't work. This is just embarrassing.

For real. 50 or so of my books basically just disappeared. I just hope they didn't include any skill books or spell tomes...

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @Hailinel

Save files swelling in size isn't the problem ...

The PS3 not being able to handle it is the problem. You do realize it's not swelling up for shits and giggles right?
    strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By strainedeyes

My save file is at 13mb.

DrSpaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DrSpaceman

Ok, from what I understand the large save file slows down the game because of the ps3 hardware. I can kinda deal with having to save and restart every so often. But i've had so many freeze ups after the patch. Does the lockups have to do with the patch or the save file size?

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#24  Edited By dietmango

@DrSpaceman said:

Ok, from what I understand the large save file slows down the game because of the ps3 hardware. I can kinda deal with having to save and restart every so often. But i've had so many freeze ups after the patch. Does the lockups have to do with the patch or the save file size?

It's most likely the patch. I didn't have any problems with the game even as my save file kept increasing.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#25  Edited By Hailinel

@Doctorchimp said:

@Hailinel

Save files swelling in size isn't the problem ... The PS3 not being able to handle it is the problem. You do realize it's not swelling up for shits and giggles right?

I do. All the same, it's atrocious memory management and I'd love to see it improve.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By crazyleaves
    @BigChickenDinner

So glad I have the PC version.

This guy wants a medal.

I've been waiting for this patch before 1.2 my game ran fine after, not so much.
    Sunspots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sunspots

Yesterday after I downloaded and installed 1.03 patch I played for about 8hrs without a system restart. My game did not freeze at all during those 8hrs, dragons no longer fly backwards, magic resistance is fixed. I did notice however that textures on some environmental objects either failing to load or just appearing blurry. I also noticed about 5 hrs in the framrate beginning to chug, mostly in towns and out in the wild encountering groups of enemies/fighting a dragon. (As I understand it, the PS3 OS has a rather large memory stamp, thus I'm sure causing some of texture issues and possible framrate drops. This is something that may not be fixable due to memory constraints, who knows, maybe Bethesda can work some arcane magic on the PS3.)

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By crazyleaves

This guy wants a medal.

I've been waiting for this patch before 1.2 my game ran fine after, not so much.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By handlas

Why does the save file grow every time you save? Is this common place with other games like this? I've never noticed probably because I never worry about space on my harddrive because I don't keep much on it but I'm actually filling it up d/ling stuff on my PS3.

After 1.3 I'm seeing a lot of floating objects. Mainly trees just floating out in space off ledges. Hadn't seen that prior. That's the only buggy behavior I've seen. Nothing too bothersome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.