Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

PS3 quality sorted or not

MikeW1980UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

While browsing various shops I saw Skyrim GOTY Edition for a decent price and was tempted to get it but remembered the PS3 version having a reputation of being poor. I searched to see if patches had solved it but couldn't find a convincing answer. Not one I could trust anyways. So I ask the smarter and reliable folks here, is Skyrim still broken on PS3?

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No, at least no more broken than Skyrim on any other platform. It still has your usual Bethesda jank but the major stuff like freezing has not come up for me in a long time, and it put a ton of hours into that game.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Slaegar

From what I hear its basically fixed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ps3-skyrim-lag-fixed

The game should be roughly comparable with the Xbox 360 version.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

While browsing various shops I saw Skyrim GOTY Edition for a decent price and was tempted to get it but remembered the PS3 version having a reputation of being poor. I searched to see if patches had solved it but couldn't find a convincing answer. Not one I could trust anyways. So I ask the smarter and reliable folks here, is Skyrim still broken on PS3?

Last I heard they basically abandoned it saying they couldn't fix the issues. That NeoGaf thread proves as much.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I wouldn't touch it. I have the 360 version and I also ended up buying the legendary version for the PS3 and it is not the same. The game took even longer to load, hitched constantly just walking around the world and the framerate was inconsistent. It also locked up on me a few times which was annoying.

Some people are saying it's fine but in my experience it wasn't. It's not broken but it's the worst version without a doubt and it was bad enough that I ended up stopping and giving up that playthrough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.