Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

question: buying the game at wallmart

Chriseg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chriseg

from all your experience does wallmart usually set out new releases at midnight? i love far from wallmart but i.realy want.to drive downhalf an hour and hopefully buy it

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DonPixel

Be positive dude just go, worst case scenario: You still can get a Dr. Pepper six pack with a family size Nachos bag.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ninjakiller

Call.

thetrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thetrin

Why not just order it from Amazon, and sit back and wait for it to arrive on release day? I still don't understand why people still buy video games from brick and mortar stores.

xSeanZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By xSeanZx

My 24 hour Walmart always has the stuff ready to go at midnight. Especially tonight because Harry Potter comes out too.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By huntad

From my experience, Walmart usually has copies of the game.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

@ninjakiller said:

Call.

This.

@thetrin said:

Why not just order it from Amazon, and sit back and wait for it to arrive on release day? I still don't understand why people still buy video games from brick and mortar stores.

Seeing how it is already the 11th, he won't have the option for release-date delivery.

xSeanZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xSeanZx

@thetrin said:

Because while you wait for it to come from UPS, we have it in hand and are playing it?

I still don't understand why people are so damn lazy to go out and interact with other people rather than a checkout cart option.

ShadowofIntent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShadowofIntent

My walmart actually has events, but its a college town so that may effect things.

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Muerthoz

As far as my local wal-mart goes, if it's a big enough title where there's launch events going on at other stores, they will most likely have it in the display case by Midnight. For smaller name titles, they usually take their time getting them unpacked.

thetrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thetrin

@xSeanZx said:

@thetrin said:

Because while you wait for it to come from UPS, we have it in hand and are playing it?

I still don't understand why people are so damn lazy to go out and interact with other people rather than a checkout cart option.

With release date delivery, I get the game at noon. Unless you have no job, we're both going to be playing at the same time.

Also, I'm not quite sure Walmart in the middle of the night is the best place to be seeking out scintillating human interaction. Or Walmart at all, for that matter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.