Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Skyrim DLC Finally Coming to PS3

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 52

#1  Edited By tearhead

Hey guys! Guess what DLC is finally coming to PS3 next month! That's right! If you were like me and have the PS3 edition of Skyrim, wipe those tears and stop cursing Bethesda's name so much, 'cus we're finally getting the DLC!

Sure, it's been over half a year since Dawnguard came out, and maybe you no longer care about an RPG that came out in November of 2011, but as a big "We're sorry guys!" the DLC will be half of during the first week of release! What do you guys think? Will you be picking it up come February? The 50% discount is just enough for me to say, fuck it why not.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/all-skyrim-dlc-coming-to-ps3-next-month-6402635

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By galiant

I already gave up and bought the PC version. Less hassle. Still play with a PS3 controller though.

Still, good news for PS3 owners. Can't wait to play 'Dragonborn'.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Wacomole

I gave up when I lost my massive save file.

I'm not really inclined to go through it all again at the moment. Maybe in a year or so.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I did play the PS3 version for over 200 hours. I've since bought the PC version with all the DLC released so far, and barely played any of it. I may still buy the PS3 DLC, but ... yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards that PS3 players should've been getting some of the DLC for free or at least a discount code for the Steam version as a gesture of "sorry, we totally fucked this one up" to their undeservingly loyal PS3 fanbase (then of course, I bought it on PS3 knowing Bethesda are fucking horrible at PS3 games, Oblivion didn't get any of the DLC, not even with the 5th anniversary edition, and while both Fallout 3 and New Vegas did get their DLC, they only ran marginally better than Skyrim).

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SeanCoughing

Still pretty sore with bethesda about how they handled it, but I'm a sucker for elder scrolls games so under $30 for all the DLC isn't bad so I'll pick 'em up.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Hizang

After all of this time of me really wanting it, I realise I probably don't need it because I have so much left to do in Skyrim as is.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By MildMolasses

I'm glad to see they lowered the price considering how botched the ps3 version seems to be. But it seems shitty that it's only for the launch week before going up to regular price. Better than nothing I suppose, but considering their track record for the console, you'd think they'd want to ease the damage towards the Sony only people going into a new generation of hardware

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By jasonefmonk

The 50% off might be enough to convince me. I put at least 300 hours in to that game and while I haven't played in a few months, I'd enjoy revisiting it.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fetchfox

PC should also get a discount, quite unfair… but I'm happy for all you ps3 users, you finally got it all. Enjoy;)

Elfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Elfen

i came close to buying on 360.

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MedalOfMode

PS Difference.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#12  Edited By ShadowMoses900

Bethesda needs to learn how to optimize their games better for PS3. Anyway I will probably get this, especially at 50% off. Just gonna make sure there are no bugs this time before I pick it up.

zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By zolloz89

I don't know. When my 300 hour save was corrupted i literally threw the disc behind the tv and havent bothered to grab it.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Doctorchimp

@ShadowMoses900 said:

Bethesda needs to learn how to optimize their games better for PS3.

I'm sure Bethesda is done caring whether or not their games will run on PS3.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Nilazz

They should give it away for free, no playstation 3 owner should accept the developers taking this amount of time to get the DLC working, VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET!

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Example1013

@fetchfox said:

PC should also get a discount, quite unfair… but I'm happy for all you ps3 users, you finally got it all. Enjoy;)

It'll be $7.50 in the next Steam sale if you're really worried about the price, which is actually a better deal than PS3 users will ever get (at least until the GOTY comes out, but by then the GOTY edition will still go on sale on Steam for cheaper). I don't feel bad for them at all ;)

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#17  Edited By ShadowMoses900

@Doctorchimp: I wouldn't say that, they obviously do care otherwise they wouldn't have bothered working on the update that fixed the PS3 version nor would they bother making the DLC for the PS3 version. The PS3 has a lot of room on the market, Bethesda wouldn't want to miss out on all that money if they didn't care about it.

NinjaBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NinjaBerd

After 100+ hours with the game, I feel that is both too little too late, and that I simply have no interest in revisiting that world.

Maybe next time Beth.

cclemon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cclemon36

I now have a computer that is able to run the game, so I am patient enough to wait for the goty edition for pc.

I am patient enough to wait for the goty edition for pc.

I am patient enough to wait for the goty edition for pc.

I am patient enough to wait for the goty edition for pc....

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#20  Edited By tearhead

@Nilazz said:

They should give it away for free, no playstation 3 owner should accept the developers taking this amount of time to get the DLC working, VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET!

Well, regardless of how they fucked PS3 owners over, people still spent time working on fixing the DLC. If they gave it away for free, they would have done all that work for nothing. I think the 50% off is the best way of apologizing.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fetchfox
    @Example1013 True, it is better than they would ever get. I guess I just have sense of entitlement being on PC, TES original platform and all. But mods (!), so I'm not really complaining;)
    And where did you get that sale number if I might ask?
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Example1013

@fetchfox: I believe Dawnguard went on sale for $7.50 as a one-day deal during the most recent steam sale, and I believe Dragonborn will as well.

TheLighterDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheLighterDark

I put 280 hours on my first character and 225 on my second.

I'm super excited for all of these releases this month so that all of my friends who own 360s will stop making fun of me for not having beaten Dawnguard yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.