Skyrims DLC Dawnguard Campaign Around 10 to 20 Hours Long

#1 Edited by Damitoa (5 posts) -

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim DLC add-on, Dawnguard, is close to precisely the same length as a faction quest line in the main game, reckons Bethesda. It’s also more time than nearly anything the studio developed for Fallout 3.

“It’ll require in between 10 and 20 hours to beat,” said direct artist Matt Carofano. “It’s about as long as a faction line.”

Although the expansion is not the main Bethesda has ever built, it’s nonetheless fairly chunky. “Dawnguard might be substantially larger than any Fallout DLC,” Carofano stated. “We desired to perform something more in depth than that. It’s not as massive as Shivering Isles, but there’s even now lots of articles there.”

Details on Dawnguard DLC articles ended up being revealed by means of beta testers recently. It is possible to figure out all the info through right here [Link removed by moderator]. The DLC itself is out later on end of this month.

#2 Posted by avidwriter (665 posts) -

Awesome the (possibly) longest game ever just got longer.

#3 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -

That article is so poorly written.

#4 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4879 posts) -

@ColinWright said:

That article is so poorly written.

as is the OP. That's some mighty broken English there.

#5 Posted by believer258 (12182 posts) -

I didn't feel like the quest lines were 10-20 hours long, any of them.

#6 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I didn't feel like the quest lines were 10-20 hours long, any of them.

nor do i, the thieves guild quests can be extended that long if you get poor rolls on the extra work but the main quests are maybe 5-8 long at most. depends on how you play i suppose.

#7 Posted by xyzygy (10077 posts) -

I did not understand the majority of that post. What the fuck? I had to re-read lines like 5 times to finally understand that I'm not turning dyslexic.

#8 Edited by ShockD (2421 posts) -
@xyzygy said:

I did not understand the majority of that post. What the fuck? I had to re-read lines like 5 times to finally understand that I'm not turning dyslexic.

Thank you, I got afraid that I'm starting to forget English.

Seriously thought, what kind of slang is that?
#10 Posted by RivenD3ll (82 posts) -

10-20 hours? Whatever happened to "Making it feel like an expansion"? If it took them this long to release this DLC because of that stupid fucking MMO, i'ma go step on an ant hill.

#11 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

Right when I think I'm out it just pulls me back in!

#12 Edited by Moonshadow101 (575 posts) -

Part of me has a hard time believing that it's bigger than, say, Point Lookout. That introduced a substantial new landmass, not just a couple of fortresses. Maybe the Soul Cairn is really big?

In any case, it's good to know that they're thinking big.

Also, could that source be more internet-ghetto? SKYRIMDLCNEWS.COM.

#13 Posted by The_Tolman (435 posts) -

Any confirmation on price?

#14 Posted by jakob187 (21755 posts) -

I beat the main storyline in Skyrim in around seven hours straight. None of the faction stories took me more than that much time to complete them either.

So...no thanks.

#15 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -

isn't it odd to call it a campaign? 

#17 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4879 posts) -

@UKSamwise said:

Everytime I hear devs talk about how long their games are always reminds me of when Jade Raymond kept stating Assassin's Creed would take 20-40 hours to beat.

She wasn't that far off. I did everything in that game (minus flag collection because fuck that), and my /played was hovering around 20-21 hours.

I was also methodical with the assassinations so that could've had something to do with it.

#18 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

Damitoa, for all your nonsensical Skyrim news.

#19 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

Translation: 10 hours.

#20 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@ExplodeMode said:

Translation: 10 hours.

For me probably 30 I really like to take my time in Skyrim

#21 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1133 posts) -

@ColoNathali said:

Skyrim Dawnguard expansion to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim the Dovakiin can either join the Dawnguard, who hunt vampires, or join the vampires and gain new powers. The expansion includes new weapons and armor, a new horse, dragons with new powers and more.

Skyrim Dawnguard DLC comming tomorrow for Xbox 360 with 1600 MS points cost.

But I saw one of gaming blog site alreday giving some free redeem code to get this Skyrim Dawnguard DLC for free on this summer. www.skyrimdawnguard.info

That made as much sense as OP. Since when did Skyrim get 'Skyrim the Dovakiin' subtitle anyway?

#22 Posted by AlexW00d (6432 posts) -

They claim it's substantially larger than any Fallout DLC which translates as we're gonna charge you double for it. Hello £15 DLC.

#23 Posted by MachoFantastico (4889 posts) -

Barely played Skyrim. Every time I get into it something rears it's ugly head. 

#24 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@UKSamwise said:

Everytime I hear devs talk about how long their games are always reminds me of when Jade Raymond kept stating Assassin's Creed would take 20-40 hours to beat.

Or like when Brad Shoemaker said Dead Space 2 was 9-12 hours...good one Brad. Try 5-7 at the most.

My hardcore run was 5hrs 25 minutes, I wasn't even rushing.

#25 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

As a guy that runs through all content as quick as humanly possible I don't see that line lasting more than 5 hours much like the main quest line in Skyrim (which by the way sucked).

#26 Posted by Metalhead980 (12 posts) -

Sooo looking forward to this on PC. Hopefully this expansion doesn't destroy all my Mods...

#27 Posted by Phr4nk0 (350 posts) -

I doubt it will weigh in at 20 hours, but I've pretty much 100% completed everything in the game at 360 odd hours so any excuse to get me back in will do. Plus I have to check out that sweet looking horseback combat they added in last patch.

#28 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

A little bit more content and a lot more stuff to use outside in your "day-to-day" is all I'm looking for.

Now I'm just more interested in playing Shivering Isles. I barely scratched the surface of that DLC. To think, there's yet more Oblivion for me to see...

#29 Posted by advocatefish (361 posts) -

What's the file size?

#30 Posted by Veektarius (5012 posts) -

Are they adding any content aside from the faction quests? I guess it's not really necessary. Plenty of dungeons already, but more would be neat.

#31 Posted by Jothel (936 posts) -

@advocatefish said:

What's the file size?

i think it was like 586ish mb

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.