Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Where do you find/buy the invisibility spell?

XTraFries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By XTraFries

I'm roughly 30 hours in playing a mostly stealth character and I've been wanting to get some of those high level illusion spells, specifically invisibility.

Thing is, the illusion guy at the Winterhold College doesn't have it. He only has a handful of spells, even though my illusion level is around 80 now (got crazy magic regen gloves and have been spamming muffle )

I thought maybe when your skill was high enough more would be available, but I guess not. Anybody know where to find it?

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By SerHulse

Try Farengar Secret-Fire in Dragonsreach, I think you also need the perk for Expert Illusion

Also 'muffle' is an effect on the 'Nightingale Boots' you get near the end of the Thieves Guild, as well as the 'Shrouded Boots' from starting the Dark Brotherhood, it might be worth going through them to get it.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By Mnemoidian

@Hulsey90: I think the primary reason for spamming Muffle in this case is to level up Illusion... :)

It's an effective way of doing it.

XTraFries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By XTraFries

@Hulsey90: The reason for seeking out invisibility was to help for the Thieves Guild, specifically. Not being able to always just stealth arrow dudes made the first few missions pretty tricky.

I actually was able to buy it from the guy at the college today, for some reason. Might have been a weird glitch that didn't allow it to show up, even though my skill was high enough, but I got it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.