Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Horrible, horrible game-breaking glitch. Please help!

Finch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I'm at the highway/bus depot part. Approx 90% through the campaign. Suddenly the game doesn't load Ellie's audio anymore. There's a part where she's being quiet and I'll press triangle to talk to her but nothing will happen, then I'll go to get the ladder to climb out of the depot, the part where Ellie ignores Joel when he goes to boost her up. And neither characters' audio will load, and then the sound just doesn't load at all- often at this part the disc stops spinning in the drive too. After that, right before you see the giraffes, the whole level just glitches out and none of the buildings load in or anything and the game is completely unplayable. It happens whenever I load any game around there. Trying to save the game around here crashes the game, and if I struggle through this area I eventually get to a cut-scene which is a black screen. Skipping this movie causes the game to crash. I've tried loading the chapter too and the same thing happens. I've loaded it in many different ways and nothing seems to help. Is it possible that the save is corrupted? I've looked at the blu-ray disc (supposedly scratch resistant?) and there's a tiny innocuous scratch on the outer edge of the disc, otherwise it's in pristine condition. I can't understand what else it could be.

Please help a fellow duder trying to enjoy this great game.

Thanks in advance!

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Dumb question, have you cleaned the entire BD? I've had issues where sometimes my PS3 slim won't properly read a BD if its got too many fingerprints and stuff on it. I am in the process of going through Sly 3 and the game literally hard locks if there are too many finger prints.

Do you have issues with any other games?

Finch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the disc is spotless- I'll have a thorough clean of it in the morning. I'm on a PS3 slim, too, if that means anything to anybody. I actually checked to see how much a digital copy of TLOU costs on the PS store- that's how much I want to finish it. I'm so close and then this happens! Unbelievable.

savepoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By savepoint

I can't remember, but does the game install to the HD when you first start it up? Maybe delete the content (not your saves), and boot it up again. Maybe it will reinstall and clean up the corrupted files.

Finch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savepoint: Oh man, thanks so much. I actually deleted the 1.05 patch (there were two for some reason) and my profile and that seems to have fixed everything. I might come into some bugs later because I don't have the patch but then I'll just re-install it and everything should be back to normal. Thanks again for your help guys!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.