Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Patch 1.03 notes; includes new MP mode for free!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Single Player fixes

• Fixes for “It’s me” and “By any means” cinematics in the Cutscene Viewer

Multiplayer addition

• New game mode – Interrogation

Interrogation is a 4 versus 4, two-part objective game mode where rival factions vie to find and open the other faction’s lockbox, stealing the supplies inside. Each team must first achieve five interrogations of players on the other team. Players can get interrogations by shivving an enemy, or getting an enemy into the down state, then pressing triangle while next to them. Once your team collects five interrogations the location of the enemy’s lockbox will be revealed. Your team must attempt to open the lockbox before the other team can collect five interrogations and open your lockbox first. Whichever team opens the opposing team’s lockbox first wins.

Multiplayer fixes

• Revive range has increased slightly (about 1 meter). It’s more difficult to accidentally crawl out of range when a teammate is reviving you now
    • Players can prevent opponents from finishing Executions/Interrogations so that the opponent does not receive Parts for the special Execution/Interrogation. (The downed player will still lose their life, but this makes preventing Executions/Interrogations more helpful to your team as you prevent the other team from gaining Parts.)
    • Matchmaking update: players should find opponents around their level of experience more often and teams should be balanced more evenly
    • Item cache locations adjusted for balance on University, High School, Lakeside, and Downtown
    • Starting cameras adjusted so they show your player with greater frequency
    • Item cache disbursement tweaked so additional items are given out more fairly
    • Winning a Survivors match by a count of 4 rounds to 0 now means your team will get more bonus parts for winning the match by that margin. This applies for games with scores of 4-1, 4-2, etc. as well. Rewards are tiered by how dominant your team is. This system is in place for Interrogation mode as well.

Well OK then! I played TLoU's multiplayer pretty frequently for about 4 weeks, but I've fallen off it a little lately. The core gameplay and mechanics are great, but there's not that much in there, so repetition definitely began to set in after a while. This Interrogation modes sounds pretty interesting, though; a neat little twist on the typical capture the flag format at least. And hey, it's free, so there's that!

As of now I'm still more eager to hear about the Season Pass content than anything else at this point, specifically the single-player story stuff.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@yummylee said:

As of now I'm still more eager to hear about the Season Pass content than anything else at this point, specifically the single-player story stuff.

This.

I want to know what I paid for man!

Still pretty cool that they're adding stuff for free.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jimmyfenix

I will be giving the new multiplayer mode a try. Good on sony for making mode a free addition.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By pr1mus

Sounds good. The game is definitely lacking in game modes.

Maybe i'll play more Survivor now too with the rebalanced bonus parts. As it is most of the time it's just not worth playing the mode at all compared to Supply Raid.

I wish they'd go further about making it possible to stop executions altogether. It just doesn't make sense that you can interrupt the execution but the guy still dies.

If anything this new patch will be the incentive to finish the 2nd campaign. I finished the Fireflies one and made it to week 3 in the Hunter campaign before stopping out of boredom.

I hope they'll eventually add more stuff to unlock too. Having been able to unlock everything in the first campaign doesn't make for a super motivating 2nd campaign. No goals and rewards to look forward to...

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I seriously want to get back in this but the friends I played with don't get on anymore so I haven't been on. Damn those guys to hell.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sounds interesting I'd be down to play some again.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just want more of this game. MORE!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Pretty neat, got the season pass for a discount and have been waiting patiently; suppose I will continue to.

Item cache locations adjusted for balance on University, High School.

*gasp* They do seem to have listened to feedback. University was always guaranteed 3 on one side and only guaranteed 2 on the other. High school one side has an enormous advantage over the other in basically every way; hard to fix that with boxes but maybe. No one ever votes for Downtown so all I remember is the time I shivved the entire opposing team in 1 round there. Lakeside is like the anti-crafter map which can be annoying since it favors more boring playstyles; maybe they'll fix that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.