Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Delete

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Sep 20, 2013

A remastered HD upgrade of the acclaimed Nintendo GameCube classic sporting sharper visuals, gameplay tweaks and various new features tailored to the Wii U hardware.

Is this a downloadable game or will it be out on disk?

WarrenMSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've not heard it one way or the other, but I guess I assumed it was a downloadable only game. Anyone know for sure?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

It will probably be a physical retail game that may get an eShop release, like most Nintendo games. It seems too big to be download-only. Even the Super Luigi U DLC is getting a physical release, so I can't see why The Wind Waker HD wouldn't.

WarrenMSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So are you thinking it will be a $60 release?

ninkendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ninkendo

I realize this topic is nearly 3 months old so you guys probably know the answers to these questions by now....but just in case!

It's coming out in both physical and digital formats. Digital will be next week on the 20th while the physical release won't be until October 4th.

It'll be $50 normally, however there is a $60 limited edition that comes with a Ganondorf figurine, but to my understanding that's already sold out pretty much.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CreepingDeath0

@ninkendo said:

It'll be $50 normally, however there is a $60 limited edition that comes with a Ganondorf figurine, but to my understanding that's already sold out pretty much.

Wow, we're getting ripped off in the UK then. Normal game is £45, with the Ganondorf figure it's £60 (that's $95). Ouch.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@ninkendo said:

Wow, we're getting ripped off in the UK then. Normal game is £45, with the Ganondorf figure it's £60 (that's $95). Ouch.

Mega ripped off, the limited edition is actually $55.

ninkendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo suggested it be $55, but Gamestop pretty much said FORGET THAT and was charging $60 for it

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I was browsing the eshop last night, I was really surprised this game is going for $49.99, I don't know what I was expecting, but full pop for a HD update seems like a bit much, Playstation has been doing HD updates for the last few years, I don't recall Sony ever pricing them more than $39.99 and you usually get 2 or more games for that.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was browsing the eshop last night, I was really surprised this game is going for $49.99, I don't know what I was expecting, but full pop for a HD update seems like a bit much, Playstation has been doing HD updates for the last few years, I don't recall Sony ever pricing them more than $39.99 and you usually get 2 or more games for that.

Sony has never done an HD update anything like this though.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@kidavenger said:

Sony has never done an HD update anything like this though.

Yeah. The HD updates to God of War are just straight-up HD ports. For Wind Waker HD, Nintendo actually took the time to add in new features and rebalance elements in ways that most HD ports simply don't do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.