Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Sims 3

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

Electronic Arts follows up to the hugely successful Sims 2 with an improved character creation system, an open neighborhood, and a greater focus on character development.

Sims 3 Does Not Launch...

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By bulletstorm

Help! I'm on Windows XP with a retail version of the Sims 3 that does not launch after installation; I have uninstalled and reinstalled,  directly launched TS3.exe and launched TS3.exe through Steam and nothing works. 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By penguindust

Have you installed all the latest patches?  Have you modified any of your game any?  

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By lebkin
    @dcpc10 said:
    " system specs? "
    Yeah, we need to know your system before can diagnose the problem.  My first guess would be that your video card is not compatible.
    fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By fallen_elite

More importantly, what is the error message that you receive?

zypo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By zypo

hello, i have downloaded all the patches, latest update, directx9.0c, have 1Gram,lots of gega bytes........win XP , Geforce 9800 yet it's not launching, any idea? please help and reply at elie_85@hotmail.com

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By penguindust
    @zypo said:
    " hello, i have downloaded all the patches, latest update, directx9.0c, have 1Gram,lots of gega bytes........win XP , Geforce 9800 yet it's not launching, any idea? please help and reply at elie_85@hotmail.com "
    Try this website. ModtheSims.  This link goes to a loading crashing page but there are other topics which might be more precise.  The folks there are more adapt at helping you I am sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.