Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Sims 3

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

Electronic Arts follows up to the hugely successful Sims 2 with an improved character creation system, an open neighborhood, and a greater focus on character development.

Sims from the Exchange

casualterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By casualterror

okay I downloaded a Sim from The Exchange off thesims3.com website. Now I don't know how to use the sim that I downloaded. I don't see it when I try to move a household in and I don't see a button to let me import it in the Create-a-Sim. Where do I find it?

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By the8bitNacho
    @casualterror: You have to install it from the launcher.
    casualterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By casualterror
    @Kombat: yes i've done that. That kind of went without saying. It's the what next that I'm having a problem with.
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Origina1Penguin
    @casualterror: Make sure the installed icon is present in the launcher before starting the game then follow these steps:

1. Pick a neighborhood.
    2. If a sim is actively being played, click options and select "Edit Town."
    3. Select "Create Sims."
    4. Above the undo/redo buttons there is a large button that says "Pre-made Sims," click it.
    5. Click on the symbol in the top right of the window to quickly find downloaded sims.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.