Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Sims 3

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

Electronic Arts follows up to the hugely successful Sims 2 with an improved character creation system, an open neighborhood, and a greater focus on character development.

(Xbox 360) The exchange only for gold membership?

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FritzDude

So i got The sims 3 for the xbox 360 today and it's fun as hell. So i got this code with the game, redeemed it, but when i got to the download page xbox live says something about "can't retrieve" or something like that with an error code too. So i did some research on this and people say it's xbox live's fault. Ok, but the problem is that we are in June of 2011 now, and these complaints came from October of 2010... So is this a xbox live gold thing only then? I just want to redeem my damn code for purchasing it new. 

Any help is appreciated.

cartvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By cartvader

Don't know anything 100% on this topic but I had a problem with an EA code before and i think the issue i had was it was case sensitive.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FritzDude
    @cartvader
    It seems that the code worked, but for some reason it wont download itself from xbox live. So basically i have actually redeemed the code, but i don't have my content for it. I might send a mail to EA about this, or to xbox live.
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Man ive had issues with EA codes specifically for years (PC and console). EA's problem or not it odd that those are the only codes ive ever had issues with. Then when I tried to contact EA about my account issues when BC1 came out they were zero use.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Cincaid

@FritzDude:

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I just started playing Sims 3 myself. The online pass you get with the game is basicly a code so you can download The Exchange and trade stuff with other players. The only problem is that EA never made this possible in the EU version of the game. You can type in the code, get the "success"-message, but you won't be able to download The Exchange because you're in the EU. Nice going EA.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.