Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Saved game fix (PC)

Phyrlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Phyrlord

I worked halfway through episode 4 last night, only to try to launch it again and have it corrupt the save. I did some research and found out about this file called prefs.prop and how it's saved in two locations instead of one all the time. Anyways. I just copied prefs.prop from

C:\Users\****\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\prefs.prop

to (overwrite)

~\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default\prefs.prop

and everything loaded up fine. I hope this helps someone.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By beforet

@Phyrlord: I just tried this, and I can confirm it works. Let me load the game from right where I last stopped. Before that, I was being pushed out to the load screen any time I tried.

Still, it's crazy thinking that this bug is still at large. I wonder what's causing the issue.

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By bongchilla

I've tried this but it didn't work, I am only right at the end of ep1 so I know I'll probably start over but I'm scared this will happen again. I wish they would put in an official fix.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Hopefully with the success of the first season, the company will be able to obtain more resources in order for season two to be a smoother experience.

Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Tomkang

Oh my god thank you so much! I have been looking for a fix for so long and can confirm that it works on mac. Although the game still says Episode 5 is coming soon -_-

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.