Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Low/Med/High or upgrade

Amhotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Amhotep

Hey everyone. I've noticed a few topics regarding similar questions so I feel a bit bad for asking again but I'm absolutely loving the Witcher 1 and I hope my computer can play the Witcher 2 on at least medium settings. I tried system requirements lab but the website was unable to read my videocard so I turn to you all in hopes you could shed some light on my dilema.  I'll list my specs in as much detail as possible and I'd like some honest answers on my rigs ability to run this beast.   

Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.00 GHz (Boost to 2.90GHz) 
    4 GB DDR3 Ram 
    Nvideo Geforce 540M 2GB 

Also my computers resolution is only 720p. 

Thanks everyone, fingers crossed that I can continue this great series.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Once you know what to turn off, it's not that intensive. My 5770 is pretty old and showing some serious wear an tear, and I only have 2GB or ram and a pretty crummy processor, but it runs it at near high settings (like, two things that have next to know effect on the game turned off, no AA, and at a measly 1280x1024) I'm not 100% sure about that your GPU, but it should be fine. Just mess with the settings until you find it runs relatively well. Shouldn't be too hard.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By alistercat

There is such little visual difference between the quality settings that even if you have to turn something down it doesn't make a huge difference to how the game looks. You can try it, and then turn off settings you know will be demanding such as ubersampling, anti aliasing, ambient occlusion etc.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@AlisterCat said:

There is such little visual difference between the quality settings that even if you have to turn something down it doesn't make a huge difference to how the game looks. You can try it, and then turn off settings you know will be demanding such as ubersampling, anti aliasing, ambient occlusion etc.

In fact those three alone are pretty much all you should have to turn down.

Amhotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Amhotep

Nice, thanks all. Now I am even more excited to finish the first Witcher knowing I can experience the sequel in a decent manner. 

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By valrog

You should definitely be able to run it at moderately high settings (Not all of them, but the visuals will still be breathtaking) with no major issues.

Also, check this out to see what to turn off to increase your framerate with little to no loss in visuals.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.