Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

PC Studder Issue

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is anyone else having an issue on PC where their game is studdery? My Framerate is hard at 60 all the time, but the game is absolutely a studder fest. The framerate doesn't drop, but movement is restricted, almost as if i were moving my mouse back and forth very quickly and preventing myself from full motion. This happens with both just my mouse, and just a controller plugged in. Any suggestions? or am I alone in my problems?

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stutter even!

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

There was something weird going on when I played yesterday that I can't quite describe. It's probably the same issue you're having. The best way I could articulate it was if you turn and expect fluid motion, it's almost like 2 of the frames are displayed out of order. (1 2 3 4 6 5 7 8). It didn't seem like my actual controls were off though, just what I was seeing. I have a Sandybridge i7 and a Geforce 660Ti if that helps.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Keep in mind that neither AMD or Nvidia have got driver layer work in place for the game yet so there's some tuning that will need to happen there. Although what your describing sounds a lot more like acute rubber banding to me.

datwilliamhill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been feeling the same thing. I ended up pulling up fraps to see if it was the frame rate, but its at 60, and still feels not very fluid.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By korwin

Might just be un-even frametimes then.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

This has happened to me once, but otherwise it's been a solid and smooth 60 (aside from my 100+ ms ping... I hate my ISP).

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kadash299:

It's happened a couple times for me, but not anything consistently. I chalk it up to a player with a bad connection.

scottp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was getting that when I was playing with a mouse, plugged in a controller now everything is smooth...

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spent some time with the beta this morning and found the stuttering in a big way, did a quick check and it appears to be a problem with the in game flavour vsync. If you disable it in game then force it to on or adaptive in the Nvidia control panel (not sure if the problem exists for AMD users) then the problem goes away.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@korwin said:

Spent some time with the beta this morning and found the stuttering in a big way, did a quick check and it appears to be a problem with the in game flavour vsync. If you disable it in game then force it to on or adaptive in the Nvidia control panel (not sure if the problem exists for AMD users) then the problem goes away.

I had no issues with stuttering as an Nvidia user and AMD user but checking your V-sync would be my first choice if framerate isn't an issue.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By OldManLight

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well this ran for me. I'm not sure how representative this beta is vs the final version but it looks fantastic and runs smooth as lots of other source engine games do. I'm actually encouraged about the 360 version after seeing how well my pc handled this on high settings at 1920x1080 with 2xMSAA.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I haven't had any performance issues whatsoever.

DrPeatore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game is still in beta for whatever that's worth.

Also keep in mind that post release there will likely be driver updates that will likely improve performance. I haven't had any real issues apart from a little bit of screen tear every now and then. I'm able to max everything out at 1080p and get 60 FPS consistently. I think the game looks great with the exception of some of the textures.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.