Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

PC Version for $33.78 (via Russian site; accepts PayPal)

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Thought i'd share the sale I found in r/GameDeals. A Russian website called Yuplay is selling a region free version for 1199 rubles/monopoly money, which exchanges to $33.78USD/real money. Just go to the site, select the PayPal option in the drop down menu, and pay with the security of knowing that PayPal might get you your money back if things go tits up and EA decides to ban your account (which I highly doubt will happen).

I know a lot of people were hesitant on getting a $60 multiplayer game, so a ~$30 multiplayer game is probably a lot easier to swallow. I've already gone through the process and I'm currently pre-loading the game on Origin.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Some of those key selling sites can be sketchy. I would urge anyone considering this deal to research the site before buying.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

With a name like that you'd think this site was owned by the same people behind Game Bomb.

I mean legit or not it's hard to not be suspicious.

Anyway it's cool if it works. No interest whatsoever in Titanfall but might keep the site in mind for other games.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why are they selling it so cheap? I wonder if it's selling stolen keys or something. I agree that it sounds pretty sketchy.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45: I believe it's so cheap because in Russia (as well as other eastern European countries, I think), game prices are dramatically lower than elsewhere in the world. Something about rampant pirating being an issue, and the lower prices being a means of combating that or something. I dunno, I'm an American, what do I know?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

That sure is tempting as I get a new computer on Tuesday and will be able to play it....I'll just wait for a sale in the future.

jarowdowsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andorski: Cheers for this!

Thought the beta was fun but nothing incredible so the chance to pick up the game for 20 quid was fantastic. Should waste a few hours before the Dark Souls II PC release.

jarowdowsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjweatherman: As I understand it Origin treats cd-keys as region free. They lock the region and release date based upon the account details within Origin.

So, for example, the key I just bought unlocks based on the European release dates whereas the OP's version is already pre-loading.

They've certainly never cared up till now, I don't think something like Origin can afford to lose any business whilst trying to becoming a legitimate steam alternative. Though, damn, it's always a bit pant-squeeky tapping in a paypal password when coming from a page mainly in Russian :)

fleabeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Be careful with getting a Russian key. I got one for BF3 and the entire game was in Russian and the only way to switch languages was to add the English language files back into the game after every update.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Sackmanjones

Eh.... Sometimes it's better to just pay full price for security and peace of mind.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Dammit...Man I was about to jump in on it but then when all you other duders started saying stuff it gave me pause ;_;

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Russia is teh sex.

jarowdowsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to confirm, this definitely lists as a multi-language version when registering the key - though can't test until the European release date

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

What a great way to pay someone for a game while still pirating it

c0mplete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get VPN (Hola Unblocker)

Goto Origin.Com

Use VPN to Mexico

Click "reservalo ya"

Click "ir a caja"

When you are on the page where it asks you to connect to your account, turn the VPN off.

Login to account. You can change your language at the bottom if you like.

Enter details.

Purchase. Price should be MXN499

Got the digital deluxe version for $48 doing this^

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Xeiphyer

For anyone wondering, apparently all versions of Titanfall download language data for every region (That's why its so big apparently), so you should be able to buy this and switch it to English no problem.

I haven't tested it though, already bought it off Origin.

UltraBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By UltraBoi

Bought Titanfall + Season pass for £28/$46 from Mexican Origin site where's it is being sold for £60/$100 on UK one the only problem is that it is taking forever to pre-load atm :/

No Caption Provided

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah somehow the Mexican origin store sells the stuff quite cheaply ... which is good I think , altho Im not interested in Titanfall whatsoever

jarowdowsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

For anyone curious about the language issue -

jarowdowsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jarowdowsky

@shadow said:

What a great way to pay someone for a game while still pirating it

Not quite sure how this is piracy?

I mean I collect a lot of Criterion blu-rays which I have to import from the US. I'm still paying someone for a legitimate copy of that product, even if it's bought outside of my own country. If I just downloaded a rip that'd be piracy but not buying a real product.

I guess you could argue you are taking advantage of a poorly organised regional lock or inappropriate locations but I can't see paying the people who make a product for a copy of that product as piracy?

smellylettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultraboi: No kidding, the audio is currently unpacking for me about which totals 35000 MiB. I haven't had an install process take this long since the windows 3.1 days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.