Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 04, 2019

The next entry in the Ghost Recon franchise takes the players to the fictional Auroa archipelago, where a rogue Ghost has formed his own private army.

They're giving this a whole new singleplayer campaign?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'm a little baffled as to why, but hey.

I don't know of anyone who thought Breakpoint was a great game compared to Wildlands, but at least they've been iterating on it. I can't imagine that there'll be a huge contingent of people who want to go back and play another single-player campaign for a game that was underwhelming to begin with. The campaign here also looks to be another variation on their standard "clear the map of procedurally generated enemies" kind of thing that they recently did for Far Cry 6's post-game missions, so I don't know if it'll be all that exciting.

Still, Ubisoft's dedication to supporting their games post-launch is admirable (if a bit baffling in this case).

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheRealTurk

I'll admit, I definitely had a moment where I couldn't remember if I'd played Breakpoint or not, which should tell you how memorable the experience was. I think I played it, it's on my list of games on the console, but I might be confusing it with Wildlands.

The hell of it is, they show all of those anniversary skins and it just makes me remember playing the original G.R.A.W. back on the 360. And then I wonder - why can't we just go back to that? You know, actual squad based tactics and realistic lethality rather than the current iteration(s) of being a single, meat-headed, knuckle-dragging super-solider with unlimited regenerating health.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Onemanarmyy

@therealturk: Probably because the mainstream crowd has no patience to sit down with a map, plan out their tactics, and then reload a savepoint to try a new approach after failure. Ubisoft flagship games are aiming for the mainstream crowd so you get this instead.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

God, every time they release a video on this game I end up reinstalling it and playing for about 20 minutes until I realize that this game sucks massive shit.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I know that Ghost Recon is very serious, but I'm laughing my ass off at the line about the CIA giving the island over to a "neutral force."

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really, really liked Wildlands, Breakpoint was such a disappointment.

TravisD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually very pleased with Ubisoft compared to Epicgames

constantk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naveta: I'm not sure from your post, have you tried the update?

I'm curious about anyone who may have gone back to the game after this update. I'm in the camp who liked Wildlands but didn't buy Breakpoint due to the critical response.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@naveta: I'm not sure from your post, have you tried the update?

I'm curious about anyone who may have gone back to the game after this update. I'm in the camp who liked Wildlands but didn't buy Breakpoint due to the critical response.

Hmm yeah I'm curious too. Probably not "sign back up to Uplay+" level of interested (especially since these games are often impossible to stream due to their DRM) but curious to see where this lands.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.