Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

A young and inexperienced Lara Croft is shipwrecked on a mysterious island in this reboot of the beloved action adventure franchise, which departs from the mood of prior games in the series.

Black screen during cutscene! Help!(pc)

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Flaboere

Just started up the game, New Game, black screen, sound is playing and Lara is talking, I can see the subtitles, but no image. I'm on an 5700-series AMD card, and running without tesselation, special hair or Exclusive Fullscreen. Help!

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cloudnineboya

EDIT: ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE CUTSCENES OR IS THE HOLE GAME LIKE THAT FOR YOU, IT'S JUST THE CUTSCENES FOR ME. played the game already i had no problems. started a second replay and i am getting the same thing as you are . messed about with loads of different settings switching them on/off but cant fix it.using a nvidia card so its not exclusive to amd cards.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Flaboere

I finally fixed it, messed around with the graphics settings. I'm not sure what fixed it', but I'm suspecting turning on the Exclusive Fullscreen did it. Try that.

WarriorBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the same issue and I went through every graphical option until I found it. I'm using an Nvidia 660 ti card and the fix was the Anti-Aliasing. When set to FXAA the cutscenes play fine, if I set them to either of the SSAA settings the cutscenes appear as black screen with just text and subtitles. I tried all the other settings but they had no effect.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.