Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

A young and inexperienced Lara Croft is shipwrecked on a mysterious island in this reboot of the beloved action adventure franchise, which departs from the mood of prior games in the series.

If Tomb Raider is not good, then there is no point.

Avatar image for maddesthatter985
    maddesthatter985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By maddesthatter985

I am kinda getting bored of the companies constantly trying to make Tomb Raider better and then failing. I am super excited about the direction the new one is going, but if it aint good then they should stop making TR games.

Avatar image for maddesthatter985
    maddesthatter985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By maddesthatter985

I am kinda getting bored of the companies constantly trying to make Tomb Raider better and then failing. I am super excited about the direction the new one is going, but if it aint good then they should stop making TR games.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By donchipotle

The last three Tomb Raider games (that is Anniversary, Legend, and Underworld) were pretty good. They didn't reinvent the wheel, but they were fun to play. The new one looks great and I'm super excited to see more. I think they'll pull it out and make a good game.

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Garfield360UK

In some ways they probably would have been better of using a new name for this game and starting it out as a new IP. 

However Tomb Raider still has a fan base and the name/branding sells games so Eidos/Square wont give that up until the games literally do not sell because of that.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @VelvetLore04: I heard good things about Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light as well (or is that not a Tomb Raider game?).
    donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By donchipotle

@FluxWaveZ said:

@VelvetLore04: I heard good things about Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light as well (or is that not a Tomb Raider game?).

I heard good things too. I probably should've clarified that out of the past three I've played. Hmm, I should probably pick that up now that you mention it.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By yinstarrunner

Dude, tomb raider has been pretty good for a while now. Crystal Dynamics really know their stuff. The problem is that people stopped caring about tomb raider after it was eviscerated last generation. I have no doubt that the new reboot will be good, I'm just scared they'll change too much to try and get that kind of audience back.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Not had any issue with the latest Tomb Raider games. Prefer them over the bile of crap that came after TRIII up to Angel of Darkness. "I feel much stronger now!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.