Strange, voice actor for Lara Croft is on Conan tonight

#1 Posted by zFUBARz (590 posts) -

And they billed her as they voice of Lara Croft, I don't think I've ever seen that before.

#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (15610 posts) -

What's strange about them billing her as the voice of Lara Croft? Like did they omit her actual name?

#3 Posted by Aegon (5118 posts) -

@zfubarz said:

And they billed her as they voice of Lara Croft, I don't think I've ever seen that before.

I was thinking of doing a thread about that, haha. Yeah, I think this is a first, but hopefully someone more well known and skilled like Troy Baker, Nolan North and Laura Baillie will start getting interviewed on talk shows.

#4 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I'm guessing that review-thing he did was real popular.

#5 Posted by StarvingGamer (7568 posts) -

Well it's either that or billing her as the lady what was naked in Californication right?

No, I'm sure she's in a bunch of other stuff. That's just the only thing I've seen her in.

#6 Edited by zFUBARz (590 posts) -

No, but she's on to promote the game not a movie or TV show or anything. I don't think I've seen that outside of maaaaaybe Vin Diesel back in the Butcher Bay days.

#7 Edited by N7 (3570 posts) -

Nolan North would kill himself if he had to promote each game he was in via talkshow. He'd be a guest on every show, every night.

#8 Posted by zFUBARz (590 posts) -

Yeah she's on some other god awful shows, The slutty brit that uses Charlie is the only roled I've cared about though. Yes it's probably because she's fairly attractive and naked constantly. Sorry Patrick.

#9 Posted by JasonR86 (9379 posts) -

It's 'good' not 'strange'. Also his video review of the game must have been a hit.

#10 Posted by zFUBARz (590 posts) -

Things can be both good and strange. Many of the best things are. For example his reviews are usually strange and great. which you guys are right, is probably the reason they're doing it.

#11 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4497 posts) -

I mean, it's always weird seeing game stuff outside the usual bubble, but considering A) he's already done a thing with the game, B) it's Tomb Raider, and C) these shows are basically built for having pretty young actresses come on, it's not entirely surprising. She seems ok though, and I'm all for voice actors getting recognition.

#12 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

That was a very entertaining interview, conan was playing up the infatuation angle for laughs and it was pretty funny. Thanks for the heads up.

#13 Edited by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

Usually they book people pretty far in advance, unless someone didn't show, and she was a stand in. Because scheduling when to be in town, and all that. I think Conan likes games more then he lets on.

#14 Posted by GunstarRed (4733 posts) -

It seems weird that they'd bill her like that seeing as she's in Grey's Anatomy. But I guess Lara Croft is recognizable to people that don't play games also.

#15 Edited by McGhee (6091 posts) -

Hhmmm, always naked, you say?

#16 Edited by zFUBARz (590 posts) -

@mcghee: pretty much half that season is her getting down.

#17 Posted by EVO (3782 posts) -

@gunstarred said:

It seems weird that they'd bill her like that seeing as she's in Grey's Anatomy.

Yeah, but that wasn't a lead role.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.