Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

A young and inexperienced Lara Croft is shipwrecked on a mysterious island in this reboot of the beloved action adventure franchise, which departs from the mood of prior games in the series.

Tomb Raider.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrHadouken

I dismissed this game early on, I am not really a tomb raider fan. However, after seeing a couple of the new game play videos, I preordered this game today. Later on at work, I was listening to the "weekend Confirmed" podcast. A good ways in they started talking about how unimpressed and disappointed they are with this game.

So my question is what is wrong with this game?

Honestly, to me it's kind of like Hitman: Absolution, which I also had no interest in at first. I never cared for the other hitman games, but watched at couple videos then bought Absolution. I love it. The Stealthy game play and creative kills attracted me to the game, and that's what keeps me playing.

Tomb Raider looks like a fun action/adventure game. So now is this just the fanboys bitching for the sake of bitching? Or is there actually some real legitimate problems that could ruin the game?

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
    Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

First: welcome! Second: I think it looks pretty great. There's entirely too much potential for awesomeness with the whole mysterious, scary island setting so I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it. I'm also mildly curious to see how it will be received when it finally ships. I'd wager that the internet will continue to hate on Tomb Raider / Lara Croft since it's what the cool kids do. I'd also wager that it'll do well critically but not sell to expectations.

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By thebipsnbeeps

I'm still pretty interested in Tomb Raider. Ever since that sexism controversy (stupid if you ask me), I haven't heard too much about it. I'm hoping it doesn't rely too much on "thrilling cinematics" to play the game, stuff like that paragliding through trees stuff. Otherwise I can't say what I'm expecting out of the game. Never played the Uncharted games, but I hear parallels between her and Drake's character. I've always been interested in those games, so I hope Tomb Raider delivers.

And she's got a bow and arrow, dude.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrHadouken

Cool, I haven't noticed anything to truly worry about, I too haven't played any of the Uncharted games. Also that mysterious island, looks amazing.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zajtalan

@Tollga said:

This Tomb raider game different from the other tomb raider games , this is Rpg style and this doing much better than. Uprage weapons and Character i think this game will be awesome

couldnt have said it better

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By buft

@Tollga said:

This Tomb raider game different from the other tomb raider games , this is Rpg style and this doing much better than. Uprage weapons and Character i think this game will be awesome

If they nail it, it might just be the best tomb raider

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.