Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomonobu Itagaki

Person » credited in 25 games

Tomonobu Itagaki is an acclaimed but controversial game designer responsible for Dead or Alive and the 3D Ninja Gaiden revival games.

Itagaki-san Agrees Settlement With Tecmo

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

Tomonobu Itagaki has sent out a press release today stating that he's reached a settlement with his former employer Tecmo. Itagaki's press release doesn't give away any specifics about the terms of the settlement.  

Itagaki-san filed suit against Tecmo in back in June '08, claiming unpaid compensation and "disingenuous statements" from then Tecmo CEO Yoshimi Yasuda. Since leaving Team Ninja there's been very little word from the Ninja maestro. In a separate message addressed to fans however, Itagaki thanked his supporters and said the following:    

"I cannot wait for the day when I can announce to everyone the new title that I'm currently conceiving."

He also promised:  

"world class entertainment" with "a greater depth of play than before."

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/ninja-gaiden-developer-itagaki-settles-lawsuit/
    CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CaptainCody

Fuck Itagaki, what's he making Dead or Alive: Jiggly Boobs 2010?
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Eelcire

Too bad he couldn't get the Dead or Alive IP out of the suit; but based on earlier interviews it sounded like we was tiring of the series anyways. I look forward to hearing about his new game and what his new team will be capable of.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Boobie-San Creed?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

I wonder if he is going to create a new action game similar to Ninja Gaiden or a boobie filled fighter like Dead or Alive.  Either way, I'm looking forward to what he is working on.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#6  Edited By psykhophear

I love Tomonobu Itagaki and I'm so glad he finally has it resolved. I really feel sorry for him. Such an awesome guy and his superiors mistreated him. Without Itagaki, Tecmo would never be as successful as they are now. They were on the verge of bankruptcy at one point but Itagaki saved the company by unleashing Dead or Alive and soon Tecmo were making millions. He's so awesome.

I really can't wait to see his upcoming game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.