Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tony Hawk's Project 8

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 07, 2006

Tony Hawk's Project 8 was the first game in the Tony Hawk series built from the ground up for 7th generation of consoles. The game introduced the Nail-The-Trick mechanic and added graphical details like Bloom HDR lighting and ragdoll physics.

Forgot how brutal this game is.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So, in my fervor of playing THPS HD the last few days I ended up buying Project 8 back. I sold it years ago and the last time my XBL profile said I played it was like late 2006 so... its been awhile. Anyways, maaaaaan I forgot how fucking brutal some of these challenges can be especially the SICK challenges. I forgot how bloated the games got with mechanics too there is a ton going on as far as controls. I'm mostly having fun with it but now I'm wishing they made a new proper full retail hawk game and possibly dialed back the crazy. I mean did anyone EVER use the natas spin?

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By EvilKatarn

Was there any way to keep a combo going out of a natas spin? I didn't play 8 but it was in one of the American Wasteland games I think. The only time I used a natas spin was just to see what it looked like.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

i think you could jump out of it and manual off? it's been a looooong time.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

The one thing i remember is the control scheme being a little unwieldy, that's maybe the wrong word but it took forever to get used to all the available moves and it lost some of that pick up and play charm that the earlier games had.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kermoosh

yea i would also assume the jump into a manual.

i agree though, there were some very hard challenges that couldn't be beat. i think i got to position 3 or possibly 2, but was never able to get to number 1

the game can get a little crazy but i had a ton of fun playing it. definitely worth the full purchase price at the time

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Jadeskye:You could manual out of a Natas spin in THUG 2. I havn't played Project 8 in forever, but I would assume you can there too

I really enjoyed Project 8 when it came out, but THUG and THPS 3 are still my favourites. I feel like those two games brought so much to the series.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.