Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tony Hawk's Underground

Franchise »

A series of Tony Hawk's Underground games.

T.H.U.G. PRO to get your tony hawk fix. Mod that includes all the levels+ online community

Avatar image for redglovesociety
    RedGloveSociety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RedGloveSociety
    No Caption Provided

look at this. This is a level from the disney skateboarding game.

THUG pro takes levels from all the Tony hawk games and puts them into one neat package.

Tony hawk's pro skater 5 was HUGE let down. I needed a tony hawk fix. I found THPS pro. A mod with a semi-active community.

No Caption Provided

If you're looking for a collection of all the tony hawk games. This is it. It takes levels from Tony hawk 1, 2, 3, 4, underground, underground 2 and American wasteland and puts them all in one convenient package.

No Caption Provided

That's not all. There's an improved HUD. Online modes. Best of all, Optimization. So even your toaster can run it.

It has Shrek. Which is a huge plus.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

If you're a Tony Hawk fan, you should seriously check this out. It's not a big install. You need THUG 2. The whole thing clocks in at about 140mb.It has native 360/ps3 controller support.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I looked this up after the Quick Look popped up, but god damn I can't find anywhere that sells THUG 2 for less than $40.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@capum15 said:

I looked this up after the Quick Look popped up, but god damn I can't find anywhere that sells THUG 2 for less than $40.

Yeah, really wish this was on Steam or something. I mean, $40 for the ultimate Tony Hawk experience is probably worth it, but I feel weird spending that kind of money on a really old physical PC game. And I surely don't want to be naughty and acquire it from other sources.

Dammit Activision.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: I would love it on Steam, and even GoG would work. It's probably music license related or something, or Activision just doesn't care which is also likely.

Though if I had a job right now, I would probably have bought it from Amazon already. Even though I'm sure I have various Tony Hawk games somewhere around here for PS2 and such, just having all of it available on PC would be worth it.

...I might just have to go dig out the old console and see if it all works. I can't stop thinking of triple kickflips and benihanas.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15 said:

@turtlebird95: I would love it on Steam, and even GoG would work. It's probably music license related or something, or Activision just doesn't care which is also likely.

Though if I had a job right now, I would probably have bought it from Amazon already. Even though I'm sure I have various Tony Hawk games somewhere around here for PS2 and such, just having all of it available on PC would be worth it.

...I might just have to go dig out the old console and see if it all works. I can't stop thinking of triple kickflips and benihanas.

Yeah, I feel you. Being able to play all that content on PC with a 360 controller would be so awesome. Plus it has online apparently? That's pretty rad. (Although I really doubt I could coerce anyone into buying it and playing with me)

I'm still considering it, especially since my birthday is coming up and I'll have (some) extra cash.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6 chaser324  Moderator

@capum15 said:

Also keep in mind that Activision's license with The Birdman himself expires soon, and after that, they likely won't be able to rerelease old THPS games without putting a new deal in place with Tony Hawk. It's possible they may need to go relicense likeness rights for all of the individual skaters in the game as well.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make a deal with his son. Or Lil' Wayne. Or just call it Rony Bork Fro Traitor.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Now only if they release THUG2 in a way that we can easily get so most of us can actually experience this.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. Drat.

Oh well, if Amazon still has THUG 2 for sale later this year I might crack and get it when I have some money.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShaggE

I've been messing with this throughout the day, and it's pretty great. I hope they start adding level goals and progression soon.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I have all the Tony Hawk games on PS1/2, and my PS2 works, and I can legally emulate my PS2 on my PC. So, I'm good on getting my Tony Hawk fix.

Judog24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Judog24

I installed this last year to try and get multiplayer working in THUG 2 since the servers for that went down years ago and the few other mods that I had for multiplayer support stopped working. The online community was small then. I don't think I ever saw more than 3 servers up at a time. I doubt the community has grown since then.

I wish the PC versions of the Tony Hawk games were easier to obtain. I only have THUG 2 and THAW on PC and have been searching eBay for 2, 3, 4. According to Wikipedia, THUG was released on PC only in Australia and New Zealand and I have never seen it on sale online. I played 3 and 4 on GameTap back when the service was relevant and those games played just as well on PC as THUG 2. It was really nice playing those games with keyboard controls. I think playing on a keyboard is the best way to play a Tony Hawk game.

HotelDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I heard about this during SGDQ, during the Disney skateboarding run. Seems legit, will probably have to pirate it for most people though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is the music from the original games in this mod as well, or a way to listen to it while playing? I think listening to Superman on Warehouse has kind of become a staple for me in the Pro Skater games.

MrSwift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the heads up installing now. Does the DS4 work with it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.