Title Screen Music - Woah

#1 Edited by Silver-Streak (1340 posts) -

Has anyone played the demo?

As a person that in general doesn't enjoy music, I have to say. Holy crap on the stick does the title screen get me pumped.

Am I alone on this?

Edit: Someone posted it to youtube finally.

#2 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Agh I don't have the demo. Record it for me!

#3 Edited by Silver-Streak (1340 posts) -

@SexyToad: Sure thing.

Edit: Youtube recording of it is up now, much better than my capture on Twitch, removing references to my twitch channel in the thread to avoid chances of someone misinterpreting it as advertising.

#4 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

You're right. I'm also not one who's that much into music, but I could imagine myself remaining on that title screen just to listen to that.

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I liked the Dragons Dogma main music much better 

#6 Posted by Muerthoz (347 posts) -

sounds a bit like the theme to Transformers Prime TV show.

#7 Edited by Lukeweizer (2619 posts) -

Didn't spend long in the main menu, but all I heard was an Inception horn knockoff that every fucking title song has to have now-a-days.

#8 Edited by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -

Welp, that sounds generic as hell. 

Time for me to save this thread with the most hype title screen music in years.  

#9 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Sounds alright! That inception horn is still pretty terrible though.

#10 Edited by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Sounds alright! That inception horn is still pretty terrible though.

Wait, wh--BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM--did yo--BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM--I CAN'T HEA--BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM--ah, FUCK IT!

Was impressed/amused to not only find the Inception horn, but also Williams-esque heroic horns and ominous choral chants.

#11 Posted by Slag (4085 posts) -

Man that did not sound like Transformers to me. Bummer. :(

#12 Posted by jillsandwich (762 posts) -

@Muerthoz said:

It's like it's desperately trying to sound like the Michael Giacchino score to Star Trek until the very last note.

#13 Posted by Silver-Streak (1340 posts) -

@Vegetable_Side_Dish: I disagree with you feeling the Fall of Cybertron music is bad, but the Patapon 3 title screen was pretty excitement pumping.

#14 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

Can someone post a youtube link of it on here? Would be nice to listen to it.

#15 Edited by Silver-Streak (1340 posts) -

@Phatmac: I was hoping to find one, as the audio didn't capture great in my video from my Twitch account. I was unsuccessful.

Edit: Youtube recording of it is up now, much better than my capture on Twitch, removing references to my twitch channel in the thread to avoid chances of someone misinterpreting it as advertising.

#16 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Didn't bother to do my due dilligence and actually listen to the thing, but as long as it isn't...
... Stan Bush - The Touch...
...it's just not living up to the task.

btw. am I the only one who finds the circumstance of G1 Optimusbeing a GameStop preorder exclusive to be a sacrilege? Also - that so doesn't sound like Starscream, it hurts.

#17 Posted by Silver-Streak (1340 posts) -

@Seppli: I am disappointed in the G1 Optimus being a Gamespot exclusive, since I plan on getting the steam version.

I'm also exceedingly saddened to find out they took out the Co-op campaign.

#18 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Catherine Title Screen Music. I rest my case.

#19 Posted by Slag (4085 posts) -

@Seppli said:

btw. am I the only one who finds the circumstance of G1 Optimusbeing a GameStop preorder exclusive to be a sacrilege? Also - that so doesn't sound like Starscream, it hurts.

I imagine they will eventually release G1 Optimus to everyone after awhile. Didn't High Moon do that for the last Transformers game?

#20 Posted by Random45 (1065 posts) -

@Lukeweizer said:

Didn't spend long in the main menu, but all I heard was an Inception horn knockoff that every fucking title song has to have now-a-days.

Thank you, that was my thoughts exactly.

#21 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

With your reaction, I was expecting more than I heard.

#22 Posted by EchoEcho (815 posts) -

I see your Fall of Cybertron title music and raise you one Space Marine main theme:

I dig what they've got going on there, though. Not too shabby.

#23 Posted by csl316 (8188 posts) -

My most classic title screen:

#24 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Is there a genre for this kind of music that evokes a feeling of triumph? Is it "epic"? Because I enjoy this title screen music as well and it's relatively similar:

#25 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1921 posts) -

Meh, didn't evoke much of a reaction from me. There is a shitload of better music out there, sorry to hear that you're missing out.

#26 Posted by Veektarius (4646 posts) -

That was pretty good, glad to hear they're sinking some production value into this thing. The rhythmic section in the middle reminded me of this track from the movie around 1:00 - maybe I'm imagining things.

#27 Posted by Silver-Streak (1340 posts) -

Removed references to my twitch channel. Someone finally has a better capture of it in Youtube. Embedded on opening post.

#28 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

It's not bad but its somewhat generic bombast.

#29 Posted by The_Ruiner (1021 posts) -

...How do you not enjoy music?

#30 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

Stan Bush or get out!

#31 Edited by 71Ranchero (2679 posts) -

I rushed over to PSN to grab the demo after seeing this thread a week ago and was super disappointed. I assumed it was going to be another Stan Bush jam like the ending credits for WFC. Before anyone jumps down my throat that was indeed Stan Bush.

#32 Posted by yoshisaur (2668 posts) -

A lot of judgemental people in here...damn.

#33 Posted by ahgunsillyo (445 posts) -

Man, I was hoping for a cool rendition of the classic Transformers theme song. But that title theme was pretty cool and intense as well.

Speaking of cool renditions of the classic Transformers theme song, the band MUTEMATH came up with one for the first Michael Bay Transformers film.

#34 Posted by Shaanyboi (1274 posts) -

@Muerthoz said:

Was thinking the same thing. Which reminds me, I need to catch up on Transformers: Prime

#35 Posted by zombie2011 (4969 posts) -

That is actually really good, but for me Halo 2 still has the best menu music.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.