gameplay teaser trailer

#1 Posted by august (3836 posts) -

It's lookin' like 1998 ya'll:

#2 Posted by JacDG (2119 posts) -

This looks..... awesome. Never played the original, I've never heard about it actually, but man, looks like fun!

#3 Posted by TheHT (11145 posts) -

Awwwwwwww chyeeeeeeeeaahhh. Wait, free to play? That's odd. I was thinking it was gonna be a straight up boxed product. Hope it's not just Global Agenda in first-person, with vehicles.

#4 Posted by Soffish (139 posts) -

Meh, looks like a crappy Halo clone to me...

#5 Posted by august (3836 posts) -

@BlastoTheSpectre said:

It looks like an updated version of the first Tribes game.

Which came out in 1998.

#6 Posted by Sitoxity (551 posts) -

@august: He's probably just trolling.

I hope...

Anyway, I'm curious to see how this model is going to work, seeing as it's coming to XBLA as well, and as far as I know, they've never put out a free-to-play game like this. The gameplay does look pretty sweet though, I'm not as skeptical as I was when I first heard about it.

#7 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@BlastoTheSpectre said:

You realize Tribes came out years before Halo 1?
#8 Posted by LackLuster (713 posts) -

I played alot of tribes vengeance in my day

#9 Edited by Soffish (139 posts) -

@BlastoTheSpectre said:

I should clarify that this was a joke. Anyhoo....I've never played Tribes before this is looks like a lot of fun.

#10 Posted by blogpostnogood (270 posts) -
@BlastoTheSpectre said:

@BlastoTheSpectre said:

I should clarify that this was a joke. Anyhoo....I've never played Tribes before this is looks like a lot of fun.

It wasn't funny.
#11 Posted by Soffish (139 posts) -

Scumbag astromanz: replies to forum thread that's been dead for two weeks, just to tell someone their joke wasn't funny.

#12 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

@Soffish: 3 months and 3 weeks later

Wasn't funny.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.