Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tribes Ascend

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 12, 2012

Tribes: Ascend is a fast-paced free-to-play FPS developed by Hi-Rez Studios for the PC. With a focus on projectile weapons, high speed and jet packs, Tribes: Ascend offers unique acrobatic aerial combat with intense class based teamwork.

Got Tribes? We're playing it tonight. (GB duders)

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Just added this game to the Giant Bomb PC Gaming Hub schedule, it now has a spot on Wednesdays once every two weeks. 
    The details and timezones are in the event which is listed on the schedule/calendar: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GBPCGH/events. Join the group to remain notified. 

Add me to your Tribes friends: MetallicIL
    Join us on the giant bomb mumble voice server for maximum tactical banter!

That doesn't mean that we can ONLY get to play it when there's a bombing run for it, it means the bombing run is the "official" event, however you can jump on our Mumble voice server or the mIRC chatroom at any time and see if other duders want to play it. 
    Jump on, lets have a couple of games and soon you'll be familiar with the Tribes guys and you can get impromtu games going together whenever!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

I'ma film some stuff and make videos of the dumb shit we do :D

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Gargantuan

US or European servers?

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Grixxel

WE HAVE A STEAM GROUP!? Damn it.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Skytylz

How do we join the same game without adding everyone as friend?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Gargantuan said:
    US or European servers?
    Either, or both, depends on the people who show up! Everything's flexible. 

@Skytylz said:

How do we join the same game without adding everyone as friend?

I haven't played with any friends yet so I have no experience until now. Are you saying we should all befriend each other to be able to play in the same game?
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skytylz

@AhmadMetallic: yeah, both players have to add each other to show up on each other's friends list too, it's not a good system. Then you can join a friends game. I'm guessing that would be the best way to get in the same game.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Go faster.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By emem
    @Skytylz said:

@AhmadMetallic: yeah, both players have to add each other to show up on each other's friends list too, it's not a good system. Then you can join a friends game. I'm guessing that would be the best way to get in the same game.

Yeah, that really sucks. I've got like 15 people on my list and I have a feeling that none of them knows that I even exist. ;p
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @emem said:
    @Skytylz said:

Yeah, that really sucks. I've got like 15 people on my list and I have a feeling that none of them knows that I even exist. ;p
    Actually we had 8 duders play in the aforementioned bombing run, everyone simply joined through me! 

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Ouch 
    Ouch 
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
     Parkour in space
     Parkour in space
    No Caption Provided
     Pie trying to keep his tank in one piece
     I cruised right next to the flag as Xyber swooped beside me and snatched it, it was glorious! Dual cruise.
     I cruised right next to the flag as Xyber swooped beside me and snatched it, it was glorious! Dual cruise.
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I feel so left out.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

@AhmadMetallic said:

@emem said:
    @Skytylz said:

Actually we had 8 duders play in the aforementioned bombing run, everyone simply joined through me!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Ouch
    Ouch
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Parkour in space
    Parkour in space
    No Caption Provided

See, I was about to ask if you think that game could run on an onboard chip, thinking that since it's free to play it might not be so hard on the ol' turd. But then you put those screens up and I got my answer :(.

How resource intensive is it at lower settings?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Funkydupe

I like the game but I suck at it!

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By emem
    @believer258: What are your system specs?  

I think you should just download Tribes and test it yourself. It might run well enough on lower settings if you turn down the resolution as well, but I have a feeling that the game is pretty demanding... it runs relatively smooth (40-60 fps) with high-ish settings on my system (Phenom II 955 @ 3.7Ghz + GTX 570 OC), maybe that helps.
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Justin258

@emem said:

@believer258: What are your system specs? I think you should just download Tribes and test it yourself. It might run well enough on lower settings if you turn down the resolution as well, but I have a feeling that the game is pretty demanding... it runs relatively smooth (40-60 fps) with high-ish settings on my system (Phenom II 955 @ 3.7Ghz + GTX 570 OC), maybe that helps.

Intel HD graphics (not 2000 or 3000, just regular old Intel HD graphics) with 4GB of RAM and an i3 processor clocked at 2.3 GHz. It's really picky about when it does and does not want to run something decently. It was meant for college and I would have bought a desktop were it not for my parents' insistence that a laptop was totally necessary for a commuter student.

But your specs far outweigh mine and you say 40 - 60 FPS on yours. Even at low I'd be lucky to get 20. But, hey, it's free to play so I'll try it today or tomorrow.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By emem
    @believer258: Well, I think it's hard to live without a laptop/ipad these days, especially in college... your parents were not wrong with their "suggestion". ;)

I'm curious if you'll be able to play Tribes with your laptop, have you tried it yet?
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Justin258

@emem said:

@believer258: Well, I think it's hard to live without a laptop/ipad these days, especially in college... your parents were not wrong with their "suggestion". ;) I'm curious if you'll be able to play Tribes with your laptop, have you tried it yet?

I'm a commuter, though. It hasn't been necessary for my laptop to leave its current resting place since starting college, though I must admit that being able to use it anywhere in the house that I want to is a nice plus.

However, it pales in comparison to the ability to put a graphics card, even just an OK one, into a computer and be able to play somewhat new things at relatively decent framerates without having to suffer crap resolutions and fucking screen tearing.

As for Tribes? Haven't played it yet. I do mean to download it but there have been other orders of business to attend to first.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.