Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trine

Franchise »

Trine games made by Frostbyte, Inc.

Do the waves of skeletons return in Trine 2?

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I'm mostly enjoying Trine, after finally getting around to it. The puzzles are fun if a bit repetitive, and I really like the Lost Vikings aspect of the game.

The waves of skeletons, however, are just tedious. I can never tell if they're done spawning waves, and it really drags the pacing of the game down. Does this mechanic return in the next game? I'm thinking about getting it, but I might just skip it if it's more of the same, especially the skeletons.

MisTaH_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think its really cheap now man, especially during the up coming steam sales I imagine. Trine was a great looking game but Trine 2 is absolutely gorgeous.

I have no memory of hoards of skeletons, but I did play it ages ago.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mosespippy

There are hoards of orcs (or maybe goblins?) instead of skeletons and the combat, platforming and puzzles are worse from what I remember. But maybe that's just me. I pretty much played Trine exclusively as the Thief and had no problems with the combat but it got gimped in Trine 2, which took out a lot of the fun for me. Trine 2 is also a shorter game (at least I remember it being shorter, but I only played through it once, compared to the 4 or 5 times I played through Trine searching for secrets).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.