Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tron: Evolution

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Disney released a new game to go along with the 2010 film release, Tron Legacy. This game is a prequel to the movie forming a bridge (but not a Jeff bridge) between the original and the 2010 film.

Any Info on the PC version?

smiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By smiddy

Apart from sites such as GB stating that there will be a PC release, I haven't been able to find any information on it, such as when it will be released. 

By the looks of things it'll be one of those "released 6 months later" deals.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By BunkerBuster

Well, the last game that Propaganda Games made was Turok for the 360 and PS3 so chances are its going to be a sloppy port job. Then, because its Disney it will be released day and date and will never be patched ever. 
    So if I were to guesstimate out of thin air - Don't bother.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ch3burashka

Unlike its console counterparts, it will have Jeff Bridges.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vitor
    @BunkerBuster said:
    " Well, the last game that Propaganda Games made was Turok for the 360 and PS3 so chances are its going to be a sloppy port job. Then, because its Disney it will be released day and date and will never be patched ever. So if I were to guesstimate out of thin air - Don't bother. "
    Split/Second was also a Disney joint and while not an ideal port, it ran well enough even if most people complained that they couldn't 'max' it out (no in game AA settings but ultra mode quality automatically applied a metric shit-tonne to the scene which destroyed most GPUs). 

At least they get released on PC in a timely fashion - showing up Ubisoft there. As long as I can run 'bad ports' at my native res, I can usually forgive the rest as long as the game's playable. Not an ideal world but better than having to miss out on wanted games.
    ManaByte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ManaByte

Amazon has the PC version for $30. That's half the price of the console ones. 

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Edwardryu

you want cheaper? go to bestbuy tomorrow. it's only $29.99. normal price $39.99.  
    I will grab it tomorrow.  
    system requirement is lower. I assume that most people here have very high end machine. so we can easily max it out for video setting just like split second.  

Tron Evolution Minimum System Rquirements

*Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+ (or some sites suggested Pentium D processor 3.0ghz)
    *Memory Ram: 2GB
    *Hard Disk Space: 6.5GB
    *Video: nVidia GeForce GT 240/ ATI Radeon HD 3850
    *Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    *DirectX: 9
    *Keyboard / Mouse

Notes: This are only the predicted requirements

*Release Date: Dec-07-2010

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By MayorFeedback

Also, Games for Windows Live achievements on the PC version, in case that appeals to you.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#8  Edited By Brackynews
    @drhans: Indeed it does. Hmmmm.  $30 is a good price too.
    I just cancelled my 360 order because Amazon.ca is being weird about the release date (Dec 30th??).  And I think by Boxing Day this might be kind of easy to find cheaper.   Metacritic is being weird too.  They have a score based on 6 critics, but no actual reviews appearing.  GB got to publish a week early, and other sites like GT haven't published at all yet; and their videos have no music?

Sorry, JohnnyV, I really wanted to support the game at launch, but things like quality and availability seem to be conspiring against it.
    MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By MayorFeedback
    @Brackynews: I actually ended up playing the whole game start to finish just now (on the PC). It was good, I enjoyed it, but I paid $29 bucks at Best Buy. That's about the right price for it. I wouldn't have paid $60. Still, worth playing, even if you end up renting it from Redbox or something.
    JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By JoeyIA

Anyone know if the achievements for PC and Xbox are separate, like Fallout 3?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.