Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trophy

Object » linked to 145 games

An award received in-game for completing a task or event. The PS3 also awards trophies as a competitor to the Xbox 360 achivement system.

The moments of truth

JeansJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By JeansJoe

You know this. You wake up on a sunny saturday, close the curtains, dim the light. You make sure you have a sufficient supply of drinks and a coffeemachine hooked up for the later hours. Also you will need a pizza delivery at some point so check your mailbox for delivery ads.

You sit down and turn on the machine. You check the description of this devilish task and start the game. You play. You will get frustrated at certain points. Cursewords fill the adventure and action dense air. The retry button becomes your closest friend. After hours of selfindulged torture you wait for it. The moment of truth, the one thing you went for: The "pling" and the following achievement logo -

nothing happens. No this can't be right. You wait. Nothing

Load a savegame from 2 minutes earlier, replay the last minute and - what the cocks**** a$%##* s&!§# (your cursing level increased over the last hours) Nothing.

Quest failed - Achievement bugged.

It happened to all of us.

I recently had it on the Iron Man Achievement for Torchlight, and the one veteran Achievement for MW2 - the one with the submarine level. God that was the single most hated level for me. I got all the other achievements for veteran. The game just wanted me to see suffer again for this one. Not today my friend, not today.

JeansJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JeansJoe

You know this. You wake up on a sunny saturday, close the curtains, dim the light. You make sure you have a sufficient supply of drinks and a coffeemachine hooked up for the later hours. Also you will need a pizza delivery at some point so check your mailbox for delivery ads.

You sit down and turn on the machine. You check the description of this devilish task and start the game. You play. You will get frustrated at certain points. Cursewords fill the adventure and action dense air. The retry button becomes your closest friend. After hours of selfindulged torture you wait for it. The moment of truth, the one thing you went for: The "pling" and the following achievement logo -

nothing happens. No this can't be right. You wait. Nothing

Load a savegame from 2 minutes earlier, replay the last minute and - what the cocks**** a$%##* s&!§# (your cursing level increased over the last hours) Nothing.

Quest failed - Achievement bugged.

It happened to all of us.

I recently had it on the Iron Man Achievement for Torchlight, and the one veteran Achievement for MW2 - the one with the submarine level. God that was the single most hated level for me. I got all the other achievements for veteran. The game just wanted me to see suffer again for this one. Not today my friend, not today.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.