Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles II

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

This PSP title is the sequel to Valkyria Chronicles and takes place during a civil war that breaks out following the events of the original game.

Did VC2 survive the jump from PS3 to PSP?

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Teran

I'm actually really surprised at how much milage they got from the PSP.  I don't know how they did it but VC2 feels like a deeper game than the first and it feels like a lot less time is wasted on traveling across a massive map... actually I love the way they implemented gateway camps. 

I hope they go back to the PS3 as a platform for the next game, but if they don't I won't be nearly as disappointed as I had thought.

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fourby

I was afraid since they were going with a school setting, everything would become kind of cliche, but all those fears were quelled pretty quickly once i got into things. Ive also been pleasantly surprised with the tweaks and improvements, especially with the character development for squad members. Its still kind of basic, always just 4 cutscenes then a mission, but thats leaps and bounds better than a progressing text overview and some basic mannerisms in the battlefield.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Vorbis

Yeah it really has improved over VC1 in so many ways despite being on the PSP. At first I wasn't sure about the smaller battlefields but its brought out alot more tactics, especially with all the new classes. Not to mention all the customization that was added. Just sad they havn't changed the ranking system, marking on speed still doesn't seem right.   

Also seems Sega will continue to support VC2, announced the first dlc today, along with an unlock code for a playable Isara (she's a Tech, no Edelweiss sadly).

No Caption Provided

But really hope the next one goes back to the PS3 just because it looked so damn good...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.