Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Venetica

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 11, 2011

In this German action-RPG, Scarlett, the daughter of Death itself, sets out to rescue her ghoulish father from an evil Necromancer who threatens to destroy the world.

English version?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By valrog

Will it ever come out? I also hear the game suffers optimization problems. Has anyone played it here? I was really excited for it and now... Nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By valrog
    @Mercanis:  You made my week. I can't wait. Hopefully it won't be a disaster on a technical level, I heard the optimization on it was beyond terrible. Not sure if it's fixed yet.
    Sliqcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Sliqcore

It's coming next week. I'd like to hear more about it.. I have nothing left to play. Nothing. 2 Worlds is end of the month now.. I played DC Universe, not for me, reminded me of Champions Online. Mindjack, maybe. LBP2, prob. 

aldo_q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By aldo_q
    I was surprised to see this game in the new releases lists. My wife has been playing the game for quite some time now on the xbox. And also in English. I presume it just game out sooner in Europe then in the US? If this is the same version however then I am not sure if you really should be looking forward to it too much. I've not played it myself. Just been an onlooker, but what I was it isn't always that pretty. At least not on the console version. I think the game works a lot better on the pc. Since it very much looks like a pc port. Little annoyances like no checkpoint or auto save system. With combat that can sometimes be unexpectedly overwhelming this means you can sometimes lose massive sections of what you played unless you manually save a lot. The voice acting and story seemed nice, but overall it does feel a bit like a poor mans version of Fable. It's nice, but just not really that top of the line game.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By valrog
    @aldo_q:  No Autosave or lack of Checkpoints isn't really the problem here (Now that I think about it, I didn't even expect it to have those things), but the bad optimization is what worries me. I heard that the game ran poorly on good machines with i7, and let's be honest it doesn't look that good so... If I am not mistaken, it uses the same graphics engine as Torchlight.

Oh damn, it seems like I completely missed that it was released in the UK quite some time ago...

Edit: It appears that the UK release is PS3 version only? So I guess no English version for PC yet...
    Jim_uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By Jim_uk

I played the PC version in English quite a while ago, it's not at all broken like most German RPGs. The game is very linear and there isn't a great choice of weapons and armour, however the story is decent, it looks good and it quite good fun. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.