61 Comments
  • 61 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by Hector

I hope its as fun as it looks.

Posted by RandomInternetUser

Looks pretty fun, the Aliens seem a little small compared to the movies though.  Maybe it's just me.  (not a turn-off, just an observation.)

Posted by Voidoid

 The aliens look stronger in this one than in AVP2, which I guess is more true to the fiction, and that's good. But this game hasn't quite convinced me yet. Eagerly awaiting more Predator gameplay.

Posted by RandomInternetUser
@Voidoid said:
"  The aliens look stronger in this one than in AVP2, which I guess is more true to the fiction, and that's good. But this game hasn't quite convinced me yet. Eagerly awaiting more Predator gameplay. "
The demo is out tomorrow, hopefully all races are playable.
Posted by Stefan

isnt playing avp as a marine always kinda like playing in survival mode?

Posted by dbz1995

This game will make me shit bricks and I will love every second of it.

Posted by ToxicFruit

going to decide tomorrow when I try the demo if I am going to buy it or not.

Posted by heatDrive88
@xobballox:
If I recall properly, aliens came in varying sizes and classes according to the fiction. I don't just mean like a regular sized one that you normally see and the Queen, obviously. I think there were maybe 2 or 3 other classes of aliens, discounting the Queen and facehugger.
Posted by AngelicRampage

i really hope this game lives up to my epectations
 
hopefully its (atleast) just as good as AVP2, or better, i also wonder if ull be able to pick different types of aliens to play as instead of hte usual Drone, like the Runner, or those Praetorians, there were also different classes of marines and preds, i usually played as a marine though, each one would have a different load out like a heavy weapons guy or demolitions or a sniper , same for the preds
 
just curious to see how that stuff works, so far it looks like theres 1 type for each race, i dont mind that too much but im just kinda used to seeing a bunch of different types of characters fighting each other

Posted by jonnyboy

Please Rebelion, don't fuck this up. This game deserves to be as good as it looks.

Posted by RandomInternetUser
@heatDrive88 said:
" @xobballox: If I recall properly, aliens came in varying sizes and classes according to the fiction. I don't just mean like a regular sized one that you normally see and the Queen, obviously. I think there were maybe 2 or 3 other classes of aliens, discounting the Queen and facehugger. "
Ah, I see.  It would be pretty epic to fight a Queen at the end of the Marine campaign.
Posted by Vinchenzo

Seems pretty awesome. I'm not buying it for various reasons, but I'm sure anybody who does buy it will have a great time with it.

Posted by kagekage
@xobballox said:
" @Voidoid said:
"  The aliens look stronger in this one than in AVP2, which I guess is more true to the fiction, and that's good. But this game hasn't quite convinced me yet. Eagerly awaiting more Predator gameplay. "
The demo is out tomorrow, hopefully all races are playable. "
For Xbox and PS3? Or will PS3 have to wait a bit longer?
Posted by Romination

Holy god. I've seen horde modes. I've seen people walk through the paces and get it done right, you know. Same old. But this looks BANANAS. It's just....man...a co-op last stand against the xenomorphs is the stuff nightmares are made of

Posted by FunExplosions
@xobballox said:
" @heatDrive88 said:
" @xobballox: If I recall properly, aliens came in varying sizes and classes according to the fiction. I don't just mean like a regular sized one that you normally see and the Queen, obviously. I think there were maybe 2 or 3 other classes of aliens, discounting the Queen and facehugger. "
Ah, I see.  It would be pretty epic to fight a Queen at the end of the Marine campaign. "
I'd like to play as a facehugger. Oh, man... how that would piss people off.
Posted by RandomInternetUser
@kagekage said:
" @xobballox said:
" @Voidoid said:
"  The aliens look stronger in this one than in AVP2, which I guess is more true to the fiction, and that's good. But this game hasn't quite convinced me yet. Eagerly awaiting more Predator gameplay. "
The demo is out tomorrow, hopefully all races are playable. "
For Xbox and PS3? Or will PS3 have to wait a bit longer? "
I think both.  Not positive on the PS3 Demo but I definitely read somewhere the 360 demo is out tomorrow.
Edited by RandomInternetUser
@FunExplosions said:

" @xobballox said:

" @heatDrive88 said:
" @xobballox: If I recall properly, aliens came in varying sizes and classes according to the fiction. I don't just mean like a regular sized one that you normally see and the Queen, obviously. I think there were maybe 2 or 3 other classes of aliens, discounting the Queen and facehugger. "
Ah, I see.  It would be pretty epic to fight a Queen at the end of the Marine campaign. "
I'd like to play as a facehugger. Oh, man... how that would piss people off. "
That would be awesome.  I never played the previous AVP game but I think I heard you could play as a facehugger in the campaign of the previous ones.
Posted by Costello
"That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over, what the fuck are we supposed to now, huh, what are we gonna do?"
Posted by RandomInternetUser
@Costello said:
" "That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over, what the fuck are we supposed to now, huh, what are we gonna do?" "
That guy was so annoying in Aliens.  I wanted to grab him and throw him and yell SHUT THE HELL UP.
Posted by Demo

This has just hit my G-Spot.

Posted by SSully

Wow i was in the fence for this game, was a huge fan of the first two, but rebellion has been slacking with their last few games. But a survival mode in an AVP game? What more could you ask for? I couldnt tell you how many times ive watched the alien movies, and when those mariens start welding the doors shut, getting ready for a big alien swam, did i think wow i wish i could do this in a game, just see how long i can last. Now i can do that.

Posted by GunnBjorn
@Demo said:
"This has just hit my G-Spot. "

For a guy, that's quite a rare phenomenon...
Posted by baconbits33

Why do I want to pet the Aliens? Seriously this video made them actually just look like skeleton puppies.

Posted by Roros

This game is just £17 for some reason at play.com and zavvi.com (the latter ships internationally for £2). Already preordered mine, I'm a huge aliens nerd.

Posted by Milkman

Anyone else noticed that Rebellion uses The Warriors font?

Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro

EU PSN is going to get hammered with both this and BF:BC2 demo coming out tomorrow.

Posted by RandomInternetUser
@Milkman said:
" Anyone else noticed that Rebellion uses The Warriors font? "
Heh, that's what I think of every time I see their logo.
Posted by Snail

Oh look! It's L4D without the AI director!

Posted by Metiphis

"How can they turn the power off?!  They're fucking animals!"

Posted by Funkydupe

 They're coming outta the walls. They're coming outta the goddamn walls. Let's book!     

Online
Posted by SlantedRoom

just by comparison of comments in the two trailers, i'm really shocked to see that it seems way more people are interested in this then in Bioshock 2. 
this game looks pretty bland and stale to me.
Posted by RobotHamster

Well, I guess I'll see if its worth it when the demo comes out tomorrow.

Posted by Jared

One word...awesome!!!

Posted by TheFreeMan

Hell yes!
 
"Game Over man, Game Over!"

Posted by DrSwank

graphics are terrible.

Posted by i8Donuts

So that is what happened to Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy

The graphics look lackluster, but only time will tell if this game is good or not.
Posted by Ronnock

I don't know if it was the quality of the video or not, but the textures on those guns and on the aliens themselves, looked pretty dang awful. However, I am still pretty excited for this game and will play the demo soon. I too hope it is as good as AVP2. 

Edited by Lind_L_Taylor
@i8Donuts said:

" So that is what happened to Aliens: Colonial Marines. "

No, I thought they were making this plus the RPG, but then scrapped the RPG, which would have been a million times better.  As good as AVP might be, I don't think I want to pay $60 for it on the Xbox.
Posted by Ronnock

I take back what I said about the textures for the guns, they just are plain look is all. Albeit, the textures for the Aliens still look pretty lame. 

Posted by Lind_L_Taylor

You can just feel the over-hypeness of this game.  Seems like it's gonna fail to deliver.

Posted by sagarat

This looks a lot like Left4Dead, but also looks a lot like awesome.

Posted by jmrwacko
@Ronnock said:
" I take back what I said about the textures for the guns, they just are plain look is all. Albeit, the textures for the Aliens still look pretty lame.  "
The lighting is stellar, though.
Posted by RandomInternetUser

The demo is out on steam.  It's pretty fun, hard to find a game right now though.

Posted by Sin4profit

I'm just worried about rebellion screwing this up with their latest game..i LOVED the original AVP made by them, so if it's just that with updated graphics i'd be happy with it...as far as the graphics looking bad, hell i debated on buyin the original AVP on steam for $5 so the graphics aren't that much of a deterrent for me.
 
[edit:  the graphics are fine..what the hell]

Posted by JeevesPleez
@Sin4profit said:
" I'm just worried about rebellion screwing this up with their latest game..i LOVED the original AVP made by them, so if it's just that with updated graphics i'd be happy with it...as far as the graphics looking bad, hell i debated on buyin the original AVP on steam for $5 so the graphics aren't that much of a deterrent for me.  [edit:  the graphics are fine..what the hell] "
Exactly (actually, I DID buy the original on steam).
 
And whoever was worried about the alien textures - it won't matter. If you're close enough to notice, you're probably already dead.
Posted by HatKing
@xobballox said:
" @Milkman said:
" Anyone else noticed that Rebellion uses The Warriors font? "
Heh, that's what I think of every time I see their logo. "

Me too.  I am pretty sure they did The Warriors game for PSP as well.
Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN

Meh, looks pretty stupid. Also, I find it suspicious that they don't wanna focus for more than 2 secs on the Aliens.

Posted by bluesun

Visually, it's not doing anything for me... :(

Edited by Metiphis

The PC visuals far exceed the console visuals in the game.  And this trailer has console footage.  But hey, when have graphics ever decided when a game is good, right?

  • 61 results
  • 1
  • 2