44 Comments
Edited by Ghostdraconi

Fell off of this series a while back, wonder if it still good.

Posted by TheKramer89

I'd hardly call it footage, the camera angles are always so fuckin' bad you can never see anything.

Posted by darklink6849

ROBOT DRAGON!!!

Edited by AjayRaz

man, i don't know about this game. it looks like fun, but there's something about it that gets to me. hopefully there's a playable demo.

Posted by icemk

I'm sorry Team Ninja, more footage I look at more the game reminds me of Ninja Blade than NG1 & 2.

Posted by Panpipe

Why bother?

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

This game looks stupid

Posted by Eribuster

Something looks and feels off. It doesn't looks as smooth, snappy, pretty, or brutal as I think it should be. I get the feeling that this isn't well developed. I know I'm not making much sense. Maybe it's been too long since the previous games and I don't realize they've always been sort of like this.

Posted by RandomInternetUser

They made a Ninja Blade sequel? owait.

SAVE ME, ITAGAKI! Or rather, save Ninja Gaiden :(

Posted by BoOzak

@Eribuster said:

Something looks and feels off. It doesn't looks as smooth, snappy, pretty, or brutal as I think it should be. I get the feeling that this isn't well developed. I know I'm not making much sense. Maybe it's been too long since the previous games and I don't realize they've always been sort of like this.

Ninja Gaiden 2's alittle messy but it definately isnt bad or half as mind-numbingly stupid as this.

I'm honestly not sure if this is a joke on Team Ninja's part, i'm half expecting them to go "ha! made you think we were gonna stuff the game full of QTE's and resort the gameplay to button mashing, fools!"

Posted by Veektarius

This is way too stupid for me.

Posted by Pop

those explosions didn't look so good, kinda makes me want to play Ninja Blade again but then I remember how the platforming was and makes me go mehhhhhhhhhhhh :D

Posted by Napalm

That fight was better and more exciting in Vanquish.

Posted by TatsurouXIII

the curve on that sword is waaaaaay too big.

Posted by babblinmule

I miss Itagaki... and the what the hell was wrong with Ryu's old voice?!?!

Posted by august

I remember back when Ninja Gaiden was classy. It was 1989.

Posted by RadixNegative2

Looks like fun I might check it out, though it looks pretty different in style than the previous games. Hopefully it's good regardless.

Posted by Deranged

@xobballox said:

They made a Ninja Blade sequel? owait.

SAVE ME, ITAGAKI! Or rather, save Ninja Gaiden :(

Word.

Posted by cavemantom

So, they go from limbless enemies crawling across the ground to continue attacking you in Ninja Gaiden 2 to intact enemies crawling across the ground begging for mercy before you ruthlessly murder them in Ninja Gaiden 3.

Congratulations on making me miss Tomunobu Itagaki's sunglasses-at-night faux bravado, Team Ninja.

Posted by mrsmiley

WTF JUST HAPPENED.

Posted by Tan

This game feels like dubstep.

Edited by vinsanityv22

Their A.I. is garbage. Any intelligent creature - artificial or otherwise - would take one look at that flame dragon summon and say, "Fuck this" and then just walk away. "This guy just murdered twelve of my buddies in 3 seconds. Screw this noise!" :D

The end of this trailer, with the dragon mech and that music building up? Epic, and totally awesome!

Yosuke Hayashi - I think that's the name of the new Team Ninja leader - has made better Ninja Gaidens than Itagaki-san. I fully expect NG3 to continue the trend from Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Sigma 2 (which is exponentially better than all NGs that came before it. It's not even funny)

Posted by spilledmilkfactory

That guy has a Dinobot! Sold.

Posted by Kryptinite

Well....ok then. Guess I'll wait for this one to drop in price.

Posted by Yadilie

@icemk:

NG1, 2, 3 for NES > Ninja Blade > Pig disgusting poorly made 3D Ninja Gaidens for Xbox

Posted by Scythus

Is Ruy fighting the assassin's creed at 0:54?

Seriously look at that enemy design O_o

..hell there is even animus type of particle effects :D

Posted by BigChickenDinner

@Scythus: I thought the same... odd isn't?

Posted by Scythus

Ninja's Creed: Assassin revelations

Posted by JTB123

It has the blade of the archfiend and what looks like the underworld drop... I guess.

I'm trying damn it.

Posted by JackSukeru

I hope there's a demo, I'm curious to see if I can actually get into this now, or if my problems with the series is more something on a core mechanical and (visual)design level.

Posted by s810

@icemk said:

I'm sorry Team Ninja, more footage I look at more the game reminds me of Ninja Blade than NG1 & 2.

My thoughts exactly.

I will not buy this game.

Posted by PSNgamesun

This game looks kinda fun but what happen to the graphics they look weak. After watching God of war 3 I guess I expected more from these guys since it's the same genre(hack n slash) but other than that it looks fine to me hopefully its killer

Edited by BoOzak

@vinsanityv22 said:

Their A.I. is garbage. Any intelligent creature - artificial or otherwise - would take one look at that flame dragon summon and say, "Fuck this" and then just walk away. "This guy just murdered twelve of my buddies in 3 seconds. Screw this noise!" :D

The end of this trailer, with the dragon mech and that music building up? Epic, and totally awesome!

Yosuke Hayashi - I think that's the name of the new Team Ninja leader - has made better Ninja Gaidens than Itagaki-san. I fully expect NG3 to continue the trend from Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Sigma 2 (which is exponentially better than all NGs that came before it. It's not even funny)

I'm not sure if you're trolling but i'll indulge you anyway.

All Yosuke did was add more content to games that didnt need it, and broke things that were already perfect. The only worthwhile thing he ever did for the franchise was get rid of that annoying worm boss in NG2.

I'm not saying he's incompetent or anything, he directed Dragon Sword which was decent, and helped make Other M which was okay. But adding things on to a completed project is nothing like starting from scratch with your own ideas.

I just hope he doesnt fuck things up too badly, these gameplay videos are truly terrible.

Posted by MeatSim

Troy Baker is Ryu Hayabusa.

Posted by Gamer_152

Maybe I just don't remember Ninja Gaiden II so well but even for a Ninja Gaiden game this looks kinda over the top.

Moderator
Posted by skunkdragon

This looks like a giant pile of dog shite

Posted by grbear

Ninja skills for ninja kills agent.

Posted by Demoskinos

Man, bunch of haters. I think this game looks rad. Hopefully I have money to buy it when it drops.

Posted by ginja_ninja

I remember back in the day where I could figure out to attack something's legs without having some random government asshole instruct me to through my earpiece like I'm Solid Snake or some shit.

This game looks like it's filled to capacity with gimmicks and dumbed-down combat. Casual Gaiden 3.

Posted by poheroe

this is horrible. sad..so sad.

Posted by redxjj1

where's the lighting round the sword. >:(

Posted by h0lgr

This music is shit.

Posted by onan

@ginja_ninja said:

I remember back in the day where I could figure out to attack something's legs without having some random government asshole instruct me to through my earpiece like I'm Solid Snake or some shit.

This game looks like it's filled to capacity with gimmicks and dumbed-down combat. Casual Gaiden 3.

Agreed. I knew there was something else I didn't like about this new title and that's it right there. Ryu doesn't need a sidekick or someone telling him what he needs to do. He knows what to do, he's the goddamned dragon ninja.

Also, give him a cape or something, or wings. How the hell is he gliding without any sort of gear? That bothers me so damn much.

They need to get Volition on this. This version seems like a step back from the edge with the last few Ninja Gaiden titles when what they need to do is take a running leap OFF of the edge. Ninjas Row: The Third would be the greatest game of all time.

Ok, I just went back and played Power alongside this video, and it's PERFECT. Not only does it make the game look way better, but the choreography is fantastic (hitting play on Power as soon as the Team Ninja Logo goes away). I like the part where Kanye says "yeah we rollin'" as Ryu pulls off a spinning piledriver.

Posted by lokey013

I really hope this game will be good...I loved NG2....and as much as it kicked my tail (yes I have a tail O_O) I loved every bit of it.... Thankfully that DOA demo will help ease my worries =P