44 Comments
Edited by WeaponBoy

Donatello owned in the NES game too. Hitting dudes below you was ridiculously good.

Man, the legs in this game still weird me the hell out.

Posted by testifyrebirth

Looks pretty good to me

Edited by Saga

Nice! But if I download it it won't work on the next-gen consoles.

Posted by cikame

Always used him in turtles in time.

Posted by Reisz

Dear Michael Bay, this is what the Foot Clan looks like. Not Black Ops wannabes, you tacticool obsessed adolescent.

In important news I think I'll play this.

Posted by Phished0ne

Year of the bō.

Edited by CapnThrash

yo, this turtle's head looks tiny.

Posted by okigator

Donatello does machines.

Posted by JackSukeru

Donatello was always my favorite turtle only because he was the best character in that old NES Turtles game. I don't even remember all that much about the show.

Edited by TheSouthernDandy

The more of these I see the more interested I get. Please Video Game God let this be good. I just want a good Ninja Turtles game, is that too much to ask?

I like the fact that they seem to be doing a good job emphasizing the different fighting styles so each turtle seems unique. Donatello seems pretty focused on the staff, Mikey's super acrobatic and Raph just beats the hell out of everybody. I'm optimistic about this one.

Edited by MindChamber

Why do all the turtles look like Oogway from KungFu Panda

God I hope these arent the movie designs

Edited by CharAznable

Donatello 4 lyfe.

Posted by rmanthorp
Moderator Online
Posted by Toug

He "does machines", if what I've heard is true.

Edited by Triumvir

@mindchamber said:

Why do all the turtles look like from Oogway from KungFu Panda

God I hope these arent the movie designs

Ditto.

(Still love me some Kung Fu Panda. A man my age shouldn't like those movies as much as I do)

Posted by Triumvir

@phished0ne said:

Year of the bō.

If I had the money to spare, I'd gift you a gold subscription for that one, duder.

Edited by Poppduder

I finally found out what bugs me about the combat in this. Its not the combat itself, but the colored effects that follow the weapons. They're annoying and dont really serve a purpose.

Posted by MindChamber

@triumvir: haha no harm in that, I love KFP1 and 2, they were damn funny

Posted by Shevar

"Splinter thought them to be Ninja Teens! Leonardo leads Donatello does machines!"

Do you remember those days guys.

Not: "Booom-chuck-chuck-chuck-chuck-chuck-booooom."

Man, I sound like an old fart...... and I'm pretty okay with that.

Edited by Yummylee

The more of these I see the more interested I get. Please Video Game God let this be good. I just want a good Ninja Turtles game, is that too much to ask?

I like the fact that they seem to be doing a good job emphasizing the different fighting styles so each turtle seems unique. Donatello seems pretty focused on the staff, Mikey's super acrobatic and Raph just beats the hell out of everybody. I'm optimistic about this one.

Plus it kinda looks like Donatello may be more suited to some sort of counter technique as well. I imagine if such a mechanic exists there's a high chance that they'll all have the ability, but this trailer at least definitely made Donatello look like a much more technical character to play than the others.

And yes, I also really hope this game will turn out good as well!

Posted by JackBravo69

TMNT were such a huge and amazing part of my childhood! I cant wait to play this! The game looks cool and the videos so far have been really good at capturing that "turtle spirit". Bring it on! This along with the ducktales game is going to rock!!!!!

Posted by Arx724

These turtles continue to look weird.

Posted by Brodehouse

I'm confused, is he the one who was a party dude, or the one who leads?

Posted by Pop

I wonder if Rob Paulsen is going to voice any of the turtles.

Posted by MormonWarrior

Donatello rips dudes! Although I still hate the design of these characters. Why not go for the Nickelodeon look? Or the awesome live-action movie?

Online
Posted by hermes

Am I the only one that is getting tired of the "Arkham-like" melee combat ? It fits in the case of Batman or Sleeping Dogs, but not all characters fighting style are counter and grapple based. Turtles' ninjitsu was never like this, so I don't like that this game jumped on this bandwagon.

Posted by SASnake

@hermes said:

Am I the only one that is getting tired of the "Arkham-like" melee combat ? It fits in the case of Batman or Sleeping Dogs, but not all characters fighting style are counter and grapple based. Turtles' ninjitsu was never like this, so I don't like that this game jumped on this bandwagon.

This game uses combos, and is nothing like the Arkham like style of combat, gg research

Edited by Landon

Donatello rips dudes! Although I still hate the design of these characters. Why not go for the Nickelodeon look? Or the awesome live-action movie?

Yeah, I would have preferred more of a super cartoony look.

Edited by hermes

@sasnake said:

@hermes said:

Am I the only one that is getting tired of the "Arkham-like" melee combat ? It fits in the case of Batman or Sleeping Dogs, but not all characters fighting style are counter and grapple based. Turtles' ninjitsu was never like this, so I don't like that this game jumped on this bandwagon.

This game uses combos, and is nothing like the Arkham like style of combat, gg research

What does that means? A lot of games use combos, from Dark Souls to Dynasty Warriors...

Admittedly, I haven't seem much of the game other than these trailers, but for all intents and purposes, the gameplay shown seems to fit the Arkham style of combat (namely, use a button to enter a counter stance, counter an incoming enemy attack, then use the opening to start a combo on that enemy... rinse repeat). Sure, there are different combos, but they all seems to start with a turtle creating an opening by countering an attack.

Its not that it is not a valid combat system, its just that it doesn't fit every single fighting style, yet they seem to shoehorn it on every beat'em up now because its the flavor of the week.

Posted by hermes

@triumvir: Wear it with pride, man.

I am of the opinion that KFP was robbed of the oscar...

Posted by namco51

After each one of these videos, I always look to make sure the correct color mask blinks at the end.

Posted by Spiritof

Failure to show Donatello doing machines gives me pause.

Edited by SASnake

@hermes said:

@sasnake said:

@hermes said:

Am I the only one that is getting tired of the "Arkham-like" melee combat ? It fits in the case of Batman or Sleeping Dogs, but not all characters fighting style are counter and grapple based. Turtles' ninjitsu was never like this, so I don't like that this game jumped on this bandwagon.

This game uses combos, and is nothing like the Arkham like style of combat, gg research

What does that means? A lot of games use combos, from Dark Souls to Dynasty Warriors...

Admittedly, I haven't seem much of the game other than these trailers, but for all intents and purposes, the gameplay shown seems to fit the Arkham style of combat (namely, use a button to enter a counter stance, counter an incoming enemy attack, then use the opening to start a combo on that enemy... rinse repeat). Sure, there are different combos, but they all seems to start with a turtle creating an opening by countering an attack.

Its not that it is not a valid combat system, its just that it doesn't fit every single fighting style, yet they seem to shoehorn it on every beat'em up now because its the flavor of the week.

Well simple really, Batman and Sleeping Dogs have one attack button, then other buttons set to other things like counter and dodge, Turtles has a button for heavy, and a button for light, making this not like Batman's fighting from the get go. Countering enemies in these kinds of games, is nothing new, and it wasent new in Batman, you dont need to counter in order to attack, and seeing as doing a counter in Arkam combat style tends to actually be a takedown animation, the simple fact that you can do a combo after countering, makes it not like the Arkham fighting.

Posted by KainCarver

Probably would have loved this when i was younger.

Edited by TheHT

@sasnake said:

Well simple really, Batman and Sleeping Dogs have one attack button, then other buttons set to other things like counter and dodge, Turtles has a button for heavy, and a button for light, making this not like Batman's fighting from the get go. Countering enemies in these kinds of games, is nothing new, and it wasent new in Batman, you dont need to counter in order to attack, and seeing as doing a counter in Arkam combat style tends to actually be a takedown animation, the simple fact that you can do a combo after countering, makes it not like the Arkham fighting.

Sleeping Dogs has a heavy attack button as well as a light attack button.

The one button counter is a staple of Arkhams fighting system, something that, if existed before, certainly wasn't prevalent in "character action" games.

A counter in the Arkham games doesn't 'tend to actually be a takedown' at all. It's just a counter, and if the enemy is weakened enough it takes them down. So that it tends to take out enemies for you isn't a feature of the system, rather just the way you happen to use it.

You can counter in Arkham games and combo after.

Edited by DrSwank

Donatello owned in the NES game too. Hitting dudes below you was ridiculously good.

Man, the legs in this game still weird me the hell out.

Yeah, you feel like the shell rides a liittttlllee too high. Might catch a glimpse of HIS little turtle...

Posted by HurricaneIvan29

This ACTUALLY looks pretty dope!

Edited by Mikey1138
Posted by MeatSim

Were are the machines!? were is the pizza!?

Edited by TheSouthernDandy

@yummylee said:
@thesoutherndandy said:

The more of these I see the more interested I get. Please Video Game God let this be good. I just want a good Ninja Turtles game, is that too much to ask?

I like the fact that they seem to be doing a good job emphasizing the different fighting styles so each turtle seems unique. Donatello seems pretty focused on the staff, Mikey's super acrobatic and Raph just beats the hell out of everybody. I'm optimistic about this one.

Plus it kinda looks like Donatello may be more suited to some sort of counter technique as well. I imagine if such a mechanic exists there's a high chance that they'll all have the ability, but this trailer at least definitely made Donatello look like a much more technical character to play than the others.

And yes, I also really hope this game will turn out good as well!

Yeah man I hope the fighting system in this game is fun. Not a big fan of the design but I can easily look past that to get a rad 4 player turtles game. Seems like such a sure fire hit they just keep screwing them up.

Also I like Donnies little hockey stick foot trip thing he does, that's pretty great.

Edited by ReverendHunt

@reisz: Michael Bay is not in charge of the script, directing, or costumes. He's only the producer. And he likely was the one that brought Megan Fox on board.

Also, ninja ARE black ops soldiers.

Edited by Reisz

@reisz: Michael Bay is not in charge of the script, directing, or costumes. He's only the producer. And he likely was the one that brought Megan Fox on board.

Also, ninja ARE black ops soldiers.

It's disingenuous to say "only" the producer. His production company is putting up the money and overseeing the whole project. And I attribute this to Bay because an inordinate amount of his movies have bevested, knee pad wearing modern soldiers swaggering all over the screen.

I'm not opposed to the idea of Modern Ninja as Special operators I'm opposed to the look, I can think of a better design that makes them look cooler, more Ninja-esque and even more soldiery while still things squarely Foot Clan.

Posted by Nightfang

Come on, Leo!

Posted by TranceQuina

Donny. Fuckin'. A.