145 Comments
  • 145 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by KarlPilkington

This pool is so pure!

Posted by rmanthorp
Moderator
Posted by BeachThunder

I'm fairly certain that Rip Stone is Blake Stone's brother.

Online
Posted by Humanity

"I didn't think they had pool in Europe"

Let's add this to the Dan Ryckert wiki page of quotes

Posted by sub_o

God damn, I really like pool and the jazz lounge music is so good.

Posted by RonnieBarzel

A pool so pure only Walter White could've created it.

Posted by cocowawa

alliteration

Edited by PimblyCharles

ABFB Always Be Free Ballin'

That Player 2 avatar looks a lot like Vinny with shades on.

Edited by Mysterysheep

As someone from Europe, I love me some snucker!

Edited by YuriMegumi

Posted by KarlPilkington

I'm not sure what this snucker is they're talking about, but snooker is alright.

Posted by MrGtD

Edited by Grondoth

I fuckin' love smooth jazz

Posted by MEATBALL

A Jeff & Dan Quick Look? Don't mind if I do.

Posted by MightyMonkeyMan

Dan would die of shock if he went in a British pub and noticed they almost ALL have pool tables in them.

Posted by Skallywag

losing by scratching on the 8-ball actually isn't in the rules unless you sink the 8 like jeff did

Edited by slowbird

Pool Nation is my personal choice for pool simulation video games. This looks pretty similar though.

Posted by Yesiamaduck

As if Dan needed an excuse to throw in wrestling references XD the game did all the hard work for him.

Posted by LibrorumProhibitorum

Like the Mario Party Party video, the video is going weirdly out of sync on HTML5 settings, and there's weird smearing every now and again.

Edited by AMyggen

@librorumprohibitorum said:

Like the Mario Party Party video, the video is going weirdly out of sync on HTML5 settings, and there's weird smearing every now and again.

I don't get any of that.

edit: Scratch that, I saw the smearing once. Not the sync issue though.

Posted by Soap

I'm not sure what this snucker is they're talking about, but snooker is alright.

I know right? wtf is snucker?

Posted by NeoZeon

I know they said it a lot in the quick look but...that camera man. Might buy this thing right now if I could get some kind of tilt view to see what the hell is going on after the shot.

Posted by Wiseblood

They pronounced snooker wrong in this Quick Luke.

Posted by FunkyS

@soap said:

@karlpilkington said:

I'm not sure what this snucker is they're talking about, but snooker is alright.

I know right? wtf is snucker?

It's what you play in the poob with yer maytes with a pint in hand!

Posted by jimmyfenix
Posted by chilibean_3

@amyggen said:

@librorumprohibitorum said:

Like the Mario Party Party video, the video is going weirdly out of sync on HTML5 settings, and there's weird smearing every now and again.

I don't get any of that.

edit: Scratch that, I saw the smearing once. Not the sync issue though.

Got the smear a few times but wasn't paying enough attention to notice sync issues. I totally believe it though.

Posted by Fallen189

I don't know how they don't understand that the double o sound is "OO" and not "uh". It's insane.

Posted by Zabant

It's time for another episode of "In what way is Dan Ryckert grossly ignorant of the world outside of America!"

Also!

Today's episode features guest star Jeff "snucker" Gerstmann.

Posted by Scrawnto

I don't know how they don't understand that the double o sound is "OO" and not "uh". It's insane.

They're pronouncing it like it rhymes with Booker or cooker or looker, which seems like a reasonable assumption to me. It's hardly insane, even if it's not proper.

Posted by BrianP

Like the Mario Party Party video, the video is going weirdly out of sync on HTML5 settings, and there's weird smearing every now and again.

Yeah I got that going on as well, oddly refreshing seems to make it go back in sync

Edited by Aegon

@scrawnto said:
@fallen189 said:

I don't know how they don't understand that the double o sound is "OO" and not "uh". It's insane.

They're pronouncing it like it rhymes with Booker or cooker or looker, which seems like a reasonable assumption to me. It's hardly insane, even if it's not proper.

It's the standard American / Canadian pronunciation.

BTW, how many people pronounce "book" or "look" with an "oo" sound? Now that's insane.

Online
Posted by Tunesmith

@neozeon said:

I know they said it a lot in the quick look but...that camera man. Might buy this thing right now if I could get some kind of tilt view to see what the hell is going on after the shot.

It was a design decision not to include a top-down view, they were really going for the 'realistic' approach:

"Since our new pool game is very much focused on the “Pure” part of the title, we’ve gotten rid of the artificial features and mechanics such as a power bar and top-down views to create a more authentic game for both beginners and masters alike."

From: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/29/pure-pool-cues-ps4-release-tomorrow/

Posted by Quantical

"that pigeons a good guy"

You could say he's pretty coo!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted by pinner458

Is this AKA Pool Nation or a completely different game?

Posted by Phoenix87

This is so god damn soothing.

Posted by StraightGrizzly

The idea of 9 ball is that you are good at pool. Therefore you run the table and any mistake could give up the whole game. That's why pros play almost exclusively 9 ball. It's the best game.

Posted by ripelivejam

This is so god damn soothing.

smooth jazz and smooth balls

Posted by JamieOD

@pinner458: No, it's from the makers of Hustle Kings.

Edited by VN1X

I like how Dan loves all activities when they involve beer.

I also like how Dan knows nothing of Europe and calls everything British when he doesn't understand certain words.

A true American if there ever was one!

Posted by Fox318
Posted by JustinAquarius

i support the endeavour to record a quick look of Jeff and Dan playing real pool somewhere.

Posted by Fiyenyaa

@aegon: People from certain areas of England do.
English is so variable in how words are pronounced that there's really not any reason to expect any particular collection of letters to be standard.

Posted by Phished0ne

Snookering is just a fancy term for blocking someone else's straight line shot.

Posted by hustlerlt

For some reason the ball physics look off.

Edited by Hero_Swe

Wait...This looks EXACTLY like Pool Nation...Like...Waaaay too much like it.

Except with better physics, fuck Pool Nation and it's tables. Like playing on velcro.

Posted by cassus

Snooker isn't what european people play, snooker is what people who get bored with pool play. I was semi decent at pool back in the day. Not good, but I could keep up with friends and had a decent grasp on the game..
Then I tried snooker.. If you like pool and have the chance, give it a go, you'll feel like the biggest noob ever. It's like playing pool on a table that seems 4x the size, and your cue is thin as a tooth pick, and the balls are smaller........

If you're not great at it, snooker is horrible. Most europeans play pool. In norway there was actually a lot of people playing Carambole or whatever the hell the no-holes pool is called. That's actually really fun, and the rules are easy. It's all just snookering and fucking your oponent over.

Posted by DandyShlongLegs

Virtual Pool 64 was way more pure than this.

Posted by Amafi

@cassus said:

Snooker isn't what european people play, snooker is what people who get bored with pool play. I was semi decent at pool back in the day. Not good, but I could keep up with friends and had a decent grasp on the game..

Then I tried snooker.. If you like pool and have the chance, give it a go, you'll feel like the biggest noob ever. It's like playing pool on a table that seems 4x the size, and your cue is thin as a tooth pick, and the balls are smaller........

If you're not great at it, snooker is horrible. Most europeans play pool. In norway there was actually a lot of people playing Carambole or whatever the hell the no-holes pool is called. That's actually really fun, and the rules are easy. It's all just snookering and fucking your oponent over.

I used to play pool 3-5 times a week a decade ago.

This may me and some friends decided to play again, I'd not played in 8 years or so. Only table available was the snooker table, so we had a go. Pretty sure it took almost 2 hours to clear the table once. It was pretty embarrassing.

Edited by SomeJerk

Buying the moment they add a top down view.

Edited by iBushido

At 24:42, top right corner of the screen. Something is going on back there. When the clock strikes midnight, the place goes from pool hall to swingers club.

  • 145 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3